The split between RSC's and ST/public sale of away tickets still requires to be looked at. A large number of ST holders who tick for away tickets end up giving these tickets to RSC's, yet the split given to RSC's is small in comparison, and I believe it has been reduced again over the last couple of years. When the ST holders cancel their tickets that they have been allocated, and the sponsors dont want their tickets, again it is the RSC's that get the email offering extra tickets and they are pretty much always snapped up by them. Obviously BH is not a member of a RSC and therefore may not be inclined to agree that the allocation splits between ST and RSC is the correct one, so if I can ask where you stand on this issue it will be interesting to know what representation the RSC's (the biggest collective chunk of match-attending Rangers fans) are going to have in this new RFB. I noticed that in amongst some ludicrous categories, there was not one for RSC's. That in itself was not a surprise given what I expect this RFB to be, but it remains a glaring hole in representation for a huge number of Rangers fans.

TB, thanks for another thoughtful and though provoking post.

I don't know how the allocations are split but I am meeting SH on Monday and will find out. I can't agree or disagree till I know how it works. I do know that sponsors and corporate get a fair chunk, in some of the Euopean away games it was as much as half, then there are the players and management.

I recognise that it must be very difficult to run a bus if you only get a handful of tickets and I do know that some buses have been forced to amalgamate or run joint buses for certain games for that reason. I suspect that if we only get 1,000 or so tickets for Alloa say then it is impossible to satisfy demand. I know there used to be 11,000 signed up for away games; I suspect the number is much lower now, but again, I'll find out.

I am away for 3 weeks in October and may miss 3 games (if we are away in the cup); but have been told I can only cancel two and stay in the scheme. (No privileges for rank!) This needs looked at because it means that one ticket may be lost as it will be sitting behind my door and I will have to pay for it and no one gets to use it.

On the categories, I have said a couple of times already that I don't agree with some of them and I am sure this will evolve over time. I understand some had to be included in order to avoid claims of discrimination e.g young people, women and ethnic minorities, though I fail to see how the latter have different requirements from non-ethnic minority fans. (Hope that doesn' get me in trouble.)

I also understand that the reason why there was no specific category for RSC's or say the RST was that the overwhelming opinion on the foucs groups was that fans wanted individuals rather than group representation. That said there was nothing to stop any person from said groups applying and stating their current or past affiliations (as I did).

Thanks again.

BH

A quick point of order.

BH has posted this thread in good faith with regard to his position on the new board. I don't expect it to be derailed with unsubstantiated and irrelevant crap about stuff from almost 5 years ago.

Anyone who takes the thread in such a direction will be dealt with accordingly.

Can I ask, if there are still issues or concerns with the policing (and stewarding) at away matches particularly the FoCUS unit?

In the past there have been concerns about about unwarranted filming, inconsistent policy about flags and banners, possibly unlawful stopping and searching of buses.

Do these issues still exist, are there others?

If so I will set up a meeting with the Head of Focus.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I see Hearts have vastly reduced our allocation of tickets for their home game against us next month. No reason then why we can't do it against the Dhims.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ticket-boost-for-jambos-as-rangers-quota-slashed-1-3561490

The police would disagree with your view.

I see Hearts have vastly reduced our allocation of tickets for their home game against us next month. No reason then why we can't do it against the Dhims.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/ticket-boost-for-jambos-as-rangers-quota-slashed-1-3561490

I don't have time to research it at the moment but from memory I think the home club is only obliged to give us 7.5% of the tickets but that might be in Europe it could be more here. In any event I am sure that Hearts will give us the minimum if they think they can sell the rest to their own fans.

There's nothing we can do about that, I'm afraid.

This has no bearing on the number of tickets we give Celtic for Ibrox which is conditioned by the police insistence that they are housed in the Broomloan Stand which holds 7,500.

I don't have time to research it at the moment but from memory I think the home club is only obliged to give us 7.5% of the tickets but that might be in Europe it could be more here. In any event I am sure that Hearts will give us the minimum if they think they can sell the rest to their own fans.

There's nothing we can do about that, I'm afraid.

This has no bearing on the number of tickets we give Celtic for Ibrox which is conditioned by the police insistence that they are housed in the Broomloan Stand which holds 7,500.

I don't the rules of the ticket allocation, but it seams to me every other club can decide what they give us for a league game. As demonstrated by Hearts, if we as a club decide to reduce the Tims number to say a few thousand, and put them in the Govan corner, how could the police complain about reduced numbers of visiting fans. Plus putting them where visiting fans go, i'm sure if the club make the decision. Why would the police argue about the threat of trouble being lessened and an easier to police event?

I don't the rules of the ticket allocation, but it seams to me every other club can decide what they give us for a league game. As demonstrated by Hearts, if we as a club decide to reduce the Tims number to say a few thousand, and put them in the Govan corner, how could the police complain about reduced numbers of visiting fans. Plus putting them where visiting fans go, i'm sure if the club make the decision. Why would the police argue about the threat of trouble being lessened and an easier to police event?

It wouldn't be the reduced numbers it would be where they are seated that would be the issue.

I will make some enquiries about that but if you think about it if you put all the Celtic fans in the Broomloan then you don't have to separate them from our fans by 10 columns of seats and surround them with police and stewards.

Of course it would also mean the same would undoubtedly happen to us at Parkhead.

Last time we kept them out of our stadium it inspired their players. John Collins free kick match.