So Somers, Sandy Easdale and Ashley are getting it in the neck, but the rest of them, including Sandy's brother, are being given a free ride? How does that work?

I also don't understand the thought process that went into that match protest. The club will be well aware of what they are missing in terms of numbers as they are converted into pound notes. Giving them an extra number of pound notes one week followed by another week where they remove the same amount, will merely result in little overall change to the takings.

I admire their enthusiasm to do something, but their methods are rather crude to bother those who they want to target. Ashley, for instance, has shown repeatedly that he views any publicity involving Sports Direct as good for business, so there is no reason to believe that this will be any different.

So Somers, Sandy Easdale and Ashley are getting it in the neck, but the rest of them, including Sandy's brother, are being given a free ride? How does that work?

I also don't understand the thought process that went into that match protest. The club will be well aware of what they are missing in terms of numbers as they are converted into pound notes. Giving them an extra number of pound notes one week followed by another week where they remove the same amount, will merely result in little overall change to the takings.

I admire their enthusiasm to do something, but their methods are rather crude to bother those who they want to target. Ashley, for instance, has shown repeatedly that he views any publicity involving Sports Direct as good for business, so there is no reason to believe that this will be any different.

as i say give me 100 bears and i could legally shut down 1 or 2 sports direct stores all day. give me 1000 and i could cost him a million a weekend.

Well I think most of what transpired last night has been covered.

What I will say is I think it's a bold choice to try to fill the ground one week then empty it the next. If successful it will show many that the reduction in attendance is due to ill felling towards the current regime rather than apathy with the football. I think that's quite brave

Well I think most of what transpired last night has been covered.

What I will say is I think it's a bold choice to try to fill the ground one week then empty it the next. If successful it will show many that the reduction in attendance is due to ill felling towards the current regime rather than apathy with the football. I think that's quite brave

To be fair, one game is a Saturday and one is a Tuesday. The Tuesday crowd is going to reduce by at least 50% no matter what.

To be fair, one game is a Saturday and one is a Tuesday. The Tuesday crowd is going to reduce by at least 50% no matter what.

Fair point but I believe the filling it on the Saturday will be the interesting one. If we can jump to a near sellout from an average of 35k (at best) then it shows that there are thousands and thousands who want change. If the attendance is roughly the same then we'll know it's the football/apathy.

That's my take from it

Fair point but I believe the filling it on the Saturday will be the interesting one. If we can jump to a near sellout from an average of 35k (at best) then it shows that there are thousands and thousands who want change. If the attendance is roughly the same then we'll know it's the football/apathy.

That's my take from it

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

You'd imagine the Armed Forced factor may nominally add a few thousand but anything above 40-45K and it may be argued that folk are adhering to SoS policy.