Originally Posted by shorerdbear

Sons of Struth public meeting

Tuesday 7th October @ 7pm

Grosvenor Hotel, Gt Western Rd

Glasgow.

Public meeting for all fans concerned with recent events at our club and who wish to explore possible actions available to the fans.

We have one guest speaker confirmed so far and the meeting will include a Q&A session

Much better from Craig here. Hope it goes well.

Bump for Saturday Morning

Quick bump for this.

Anyone going and able to report back? Can't make it myself.

Note: Once again I had to spend another 10mins deleting irrelevant and off-topic posts from this thread. Please stick to the subject at hand! :)

I am not going to this (in London tomorrow), but got the jist of it from CH at the RST AGM last Friday night. It is clear they are going to call for a boycott, but unclear how many games they are going to call it for. It was ironic that of the two or three who indicated they were in agreement with a boycott, they had indicated that they had already stopped going anyway. Dont know why they voted then but hey-ho.

I believe the boycott is wrong, and I told CH that on Friday. He is clearly a very frustrated Bear, like a lot of us, who is trying to do something he hopes will force more pressure on the board/shareholders to sell up and leave. On one hand he believes that the board will put us into Admin ONLY if it suits their (unknown to us) agenda, and if Admin is not in their interests then it wont happen. I had to ask why in that case call for a boycott when even an empty ground wont put us into admin or get rid of them unless it suits them? Better than doing nothing was pretty much the reply and it was turned round to ask what I was doing instead. While I wasn't the one calling for the boycott, I believe the only way to get our club back is to buy it back, paying them whatever is necessary to get rid of them.

If only we had a share scheme or two where Rangers supporters could go and buy shares in the club and therefore increase our shareholding, clout and potentially get enough to get a veto on ground sale/leaseback.

It seems like a long way away given the current shareholding, but the ordinary fans already hold about 12% of the club individually, with the share schemes are now at around 1% each I think. If there are 80M issued shares at a current price of around 20p, that is around £16M for the lot. We dont need the lot, we need around 25% collectively and we are halfway there already. If every fan who has not gone back this season (around 20,000) were to pay their ticket money (£20) into a share scheme instead for every home game this season so far, we would already have £2.8M in a bank account which could buy us 14M shares.

And that is without any overseas bears or bears who have gone to the games contributing at all.

We could buy our club in a matter of months if we had the right marketing, motivation, unity and personalities involved. We should have done it in administration but we all waited on the Millionaire of choice turning up with a suitcase and we got Chuck instead. We cant go back and have our time again, but there is absolutely nothing to stop us doing it now. Nothing other than apathy, amatuerism, and a lack of cohesion.

It's not a competition. Both are amateurish in their own way.

This. Absolutely spot on.

Those looking for "levels of concern" are ignoring that it isn't a competition. Minor mistake it may be, but simple grammar or spelling mistakes will absolutely lose you credibility.

As SC says, amateurish.

This. Absolutely spot on.

Those looking for "levels of concern" are ignoring that it isn't a competition. Minor mistake it may be, but simple grammar or spelling mistakes will absolutely lose you credibility.

As SC says, amateurish.

RE. "minor mistakes"

If you judge this particular spelling mistake of "Grosvenor" as "a loss of credibility" where on the credibility scale is the club ?

It might not be a competition, it isn't but last week you had journalist on the official website use "impotence" instead of "impetus".

A day after the NOMAD had to correct their regulatory notice a few minutes after publishing it, (This has become a custom).

The man supposedly in charge at Ibrox, Sandy Easdale has a loose handle on how to use the English language .

What I'm saying is we seem to have become used to and somewhat impervious to the very basic of professional standards throughout the club whilst some want to jump on a spelling mistake by a volunteer. No it isn't professional and it has to be learned from but I think we need to cut the guy some slack and take on board the substance of what is said.

Only my opinion.

I am not going to this (in London tomorrow), but got the jist of it from CH at the RST AGM last Friday night. It is clear they are going to call for a boycott, but unclear how many games they are going to call it for. It was ironic that of the two or three who indicated they were in agreement with a boycott, they had indicated that they had already stopped going anyway. Dont know why they voted then but hey-ho.

I believe the boycott is wrong, and I told CH that on Friday. He is clearly a very frustrated Bear, like a lot of us, who is trying to do something he hopes will force more pressure on the board/shareholders to sell up and leave. On one hand he believes that the board will put us into Admin ONLY if it suits their (unknown to us) agenda, and if Admin is not in their interests then it wont happen. I had to ask why in that case call for a boycott when even an empty ground wont put us into admin or get rid of them unless it suits them? Better than doing nothing was pretty much the reply and it was turned round to ask what I was doing instead. While I wasn't the one calling for the boycott, I believe the only way to get our club back is to buy it back, paying them whatever is necessary to get rid of them.

If only we had a share scheme or two where Rangers supporters could go and buy shares in the club and therefore increase our shareholding, clout and potentially get enough to get a veto on ground sale/leaseback.

It seems like a long way away given the current shareholding, but the ordinary fans already hold about 12% of the club individually, with the share schemes are now at around 1% each I think. If there are 80M issued shares at a current price of around 20p, that is around £16M for the lot. We dont need the lot, we need around 25% collectively and we are halfway there already. If every fan who has not gone back this season (around 20,000) were to pay their ticket money (£20) into a share scheme instead for every home game this season so far, we would already have £2.8M in a bank account which could buy us 14M shares.

And that is without any overseas bears or bears who have gone to the games contributing at all.

We could buy our club in a matter of months if we had the right marketing, motivation, unity and personalities involved. We should have done it in administration but we all waited on the Millionaire of choice turning up with a suitcase and we got Chuck instead. We cant go back and have our time again, but there is absolutely nothing to stop us doing it now. Nothing other than apathy, amatuerism, and a lack of cohesion.

I was there on Friday too (I'm the youngish guy who was up the back :) )- I'm also against a boycott in principle.

I would rather if action was to happen it to be a 'walk-out' kind of thing that has often been mentioned.

But I'm going along tomorrow night to hear what Craig and co say - I always think it is worth listening to the opinions of others.