Quite a number of fans who have shown remarkable patience are at the point of fleeing because they are fed up to the teeth with the ongoing pantomime and are beginning to discover that there are other options available to devote their time to, which are preferable.

I am convinced it will all be sorted in the next couple of months

Quite a number of fans who have shown remarkable patience are at the point of fleeing because they are fed up to the teeth with the ongoing pantomime and are beginning to discover that there are other options available to devote their time to, which are preferable.

I very much fear that many of those will never return. Same thing would happen to fans of any Scottish club who stopped going. You'd be pretty hard pushed not to find something better to do with your time. Routine is all that keeps many going.

I very much fear that many of those will never return. Same thing would happen to fans of any Scottish club who stopped going. You'd be pretty hard pushed not to find something better to do with your time. Routine is all that keeps many going.

I've seen quite a few folk suggesting that over the past year, but I don't buy into it Steve.

It's almost 100% certain that the Ibrox attendances will go right back up when the fans trust the custodians of the Club with their money.

The quality of football on show does have a bearing too though, but there's no quick fix for that right now.

I've seen quite a few folk suggesting that over the past year, but I don't buy into it Steve.

It's almost 100% certain that the Ibrox attendances will go right back up when the fans trust the custodians of the Club with their money.

The quality of football on show does have a bearing too though, but there's no quick fix for that right now.

To be fair, the football was shite for years even before Whyte arrived on the scene. I agree with you that the crowds will recover to a certain extent, but as Scottish football continues on it's downward spiral, I feel that there will be a gradual drop in numbers.

UoF Statement

"The move by Mike Ashley to grab power in the Rangers boardroom is extremely concerning. The SFA's special dispensation, which allowed Mr Ashley to purchase up to 10% of the club, was clearly designed to mirror UEFA rules on dual ownership. These rules do not allow anyone to exert a "decisive influence" over the decision making of two clubs. There can be no more obvious attempt to exert "decisive influence" over another club than to try remove its executive directors.

Charles Green and the previous board, as placemen for shareholders currently represented by Sandy Easdale, have already allowed Mr Ashley to plunder the club for onerous merchandise contracts and virtually free stadium naming rights. He also has full control of the club stores.

We firmly believe that it is Mr Ashley's intention to now attempt to grab ownership of the club's trademark rights including our name and badge. We believe he is deliberately attempting to hamper the efforts of others to invest in the club so that he can provide a loan on terms which will allow him to demand these trademark rights.

The SFA has a duty to Rangers to rigorously enforce both its own and UEFA rules on dual ownership. We believe Mr Ashley's EGM call is a breach of those rules and we have written to the SFA calling on them to take appropriate action."

To be fair, the football was shite for years even before Whyte arrived on the scene. I agree with you that the crowds will recover to a certain extent, but as Scottish football continues on it's downward spiral, I feel that there will be a gradual drop in numbers.

Yes, despite all the silverware, the football was often poor for years before Whyte and that can't be changed. The downward spiral of Scottish football overall though, well, that can maybe be reversed.

How about starting with the two muppets supposedly in power who actually don't have any power, Stewart Regan & Neil Doncaster? Sent packing with P45s?

The stupid laws on so-called 'offensive behaviour' and 'threatening communications' haven't helped matters either for numerous reasons.

UoF Statement

"The move by Mike Ashley to grab power in the Rangers boardroom is extremely concerning. The SFA's special dispensation, which allowed Mr Ashley to purchase up to 10% of the club, was clearly designed to mirror UEFA rules on dual ownership. These rules do not allow anyone to exert a "decisive influence" over the decision making of two clubs. There can be no more obvious attempt to exert "decisive influence" over another club than to try remove its executive directors.

Charles Green and the previous board, as placemen for shareholders currently represented by Sandy Easdale, have already allowed Mr Ashley to plunder the club for onerous merchandise contracts and virtually free stadium naming rights. He also has full control of the club stores.

We firmly believe that it is Mr Ashley's intention to now attempt to grab ownership of the club's trademark rights including our name and badge. We believe he is deliberately attempting to hamper the efforts of others to invest in the club so that he can provide a loan on terms which will allow him to demand these trademark rights.

The SFA has a duty to Rangers to rigorously enforce both its own and UEFA rules on dual ownership. We believe Mr Ashley's EGM call is a breach of those rules and we have written to the SFA calling on them to take appropriate action."

Good statement, but also worrying.

Over to the muppets at the SFA and SPFL to decide our fate again then?

Yes, despite all the silverware, the football was often poor for years before Whyte and that can't be changed. The downward spiral of Scottish football overall though, well, that can maybe be reversed.

How about starting with the two muppets supposedly in power who actually don't have any power, Stewart Regan & Neil Doncaster? Sent packing with P45s?

The stupid laws on so-called 'offensive behaviour' and 'threatening communications' haven't helped matters either for numerous reasons.

Agreed, but there is no way that they will ever be repealed.

I think the UoF are clutching at straws with that argument. Ashley, with that level of holding, certainly has influence, but it is in no way decisive. He quite obviously has allies, but as there is no official tie, they have to be considered as independent of each other.