Some on the board appear to be there as place-men for investors.

Ergo, they'll act how they're told.

That's sort of what I meant. He seems to have had a level of influence since Green that wouldn't seem to be warranted by the level of his investment at the time. Can't just be the prospect of giving the board members a ride in his helicopter if they behave themselves.

That's sort of what I meant. He seems to have had a level of influence since Green that wouldn't seem to be warranted by the level of his investment at the time. Can't just be the prospect of giving the board members a ride in his helicopter if they behave themselves.

That made me chuckle. :D

Wallace has been a let down, although I don't think he deserves to be a scapegoat, and the Easdales still seem to have an awful lot of power.

of course he's been a let down. we all told you that while you were screaming for him to be given time. now your his harshest critic.

Anyone knows whether he has any buyers for the Magpies line up?

I reckon he's waiting for the next EPL TV deal to be finalised which should see a leap in income for NU and hence share price before he sells.

he doesn't want to buy us. he want's to keep his onerous contract.

he is panicking because the board are talking to honest investors.

i doubt he's panicking, we are just one of many financial gambles and playthings. Hardly something for him to be concerned over far less panic. We are small fry to him financially and bugger all else to him in any case

of course he's been a let down. we all told you that while you were screaming for him to be given time. now your his harshest critic.

Wallace knew exactly what he was signing up to, and even if he didn't, not doing his homework prior to accepting should have ruled him out to begin with. If he was the genuine article, he wouldn't have been party to the lies, deflection and the general disdain that the support have been treated with. Instead, he revelled in it in exchange for a pocketful of bunce.

i doubt he's panicking, we are just one of many financial gambles and playthings. Hardly something for him to be concerned over far less panic. We are small fry to him financially and bugger all else to him in any case

Agree with this. He will have already have recouped all the money he has spent on Rangers, and that is petty cash compared to the figures he normally deals in.

I also don't see any real reason why he would want to buy Rangers outright. He would never be able to recover his outlay.

Ashley, if getting a foothold or even ownership of the club, will make sure that the club is being run prudently and according to his wishes. One can say anything about you like, but as a business he runs Newcastle rather shrewdly (and backs that up with constant a 130m-loan, IIRC). That is the stability he would and can provide right now. That his main aim has not much to do with anything we would like to see is obvious. You would expect though that his main aim would be getting this club to Europe and he knows exactly that he would have to invest first.

I doubt that anyone on here is actuall against King and Co.. The problem with them is that people have lost faith (and in abundance), because words and promisses have not been kept in a way to save our club. Matter of fact, we haven't had any "promisses" at all from official sources for ages from those quarters.

Newcastle United’s financial position is currently;

1. Mike Ashley has made clear Newcastle United has to live within its means, he isn’t going to put his own money in to subsidise the running of his club (asset).

2. The second part of the equation is that the income Newcastle bring in from commercial activities and match day revenue streams, is far lower than that of those top six and much of a muchness now with clubs such as Everton, Villa and others.

this is from a Newcastle supporters website. Accounts for the years he's been in charge at Newcastle tell their own story.

http://www.themag.co.uk/tyne-talk/ggg/

they clearly show revenues normally going into any club are diverted to Sports Direct