Whoever the mystery individual is (if indeed there is one at all), atonement is a much more acceptable motivation than greed when it comes to investors in Rangers.

Either SDM or McColl would be infinitely preferable to what we've got today!

Rumour is SDM is the one looking atonement. £16m to be exact.

Now, if he was prepared to underwrite a FO purchase of a 25% stake in the Club, I'd forgive him...

compared to this lot i would cream myself to have sdm

If he was to give £16m to supporters I might welcome it. Otherwise old habits die hard and the thought of going back to his stewardship worries me more. With the ****s we know they're not here for forever.

Apparently his bid was knocked back.

As I said last year. At the next AGM we will have new directors blaming the last lot and asking for time and the same fans lapping it up.

Dead simple, as only time will tell whether people are successful in what they are doing or whether they can change course. Much like new football managers taking over with the same players at their disposal.

Obviously, you had a decent enough chance to be correct, given the state of affairs business- and finance-wise, so deductions on the B-note here.

Who would I want to take over?

Jim McColl?

He doesn't want the gig but if he did, he might be inclined to assist in making fan ownership work. At best, he'll be a background figure in a new regime.

Mike Ashley?

No. His God appears to be money. I don't want Rangers to be a vehicle for his commercial enterprise.

Dave King?

It would be a short term fix with DK in charge but we'd see too many familiar faces around Ibrox again and he would probably keep Ally on. A new dawn with King might not live up to expectations.

Sir David Murray?

He would also be inclined to surround himself with the usual suspects, which would not only disappoint me, it would anger me too, but . . .

I think he could be persuaded to move the club towards fan ownership which would be a fantastic legacy after all that has happened.

If I had to pick one of the above, it would be SDM. I'm not confident that it will happen, though.