He has attacked King quite ferociously in the past, his quote was made in response to the news that Ashley's bid had been accepted and some Rangers fans had just expressed their dismay. I meant more that he just likes winding us up. Whatever the Rangers fans response had been you kind of felt he was going to chip in with the opposite

Fair enough. I take very little notice of the inane shite that goes on between fans and hacks on social media.

And you are quite right to avoid it Rangerstits. This was on the text from the BBC on Scottish football live yesterday. You know the thing where they have text updates on all SPFL games? (They started the SPFL talking solely about us, naturally.....) This is the EPL one for today, for example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/29417158

I am sorry I didn't make it clear at the time. Basically I was typing as it happened, I was following the text re the Rangers' news, which was a fresh wound at the time (still is!), he reacted and I reacted instantly on here, without detailing the context for future readers.

Here's a bit of English on King in the past, it's a much politer version of his ferocious rant re the South African judge's views but, anyway, it gives you a flavour with a snide comparison to Whyte in "rand off the radar":

The enormous contradiction in all of this, of course, is that at that precise moment the South African Revenue Service (SARS) were not only accusing King of a lack of humility but were also threatening to get him stuck in the slammer for upwards of 15 years. When told of King’s call for contrition at Rangers, a source close to SARS was not exactly impressed. “What about practising what he preaches?” said the source.

This is where the analysis of King becomes mind-bending. A year earlier, the man who wanted Rangers to express regret for the things they had done wrong was denounced as a “glib and shameless” liar by a judge in a South African tax court. In his epic battle with the authorities, King was described, by Justice Southwood, as a “mendacious witness” who had “no respect for the truth” and who “does not hesitate to lie.” King versus SARS lasted 14 years and it was the biggest tax case in the history of the country. In the beginning the revenue service were chasing him for 2.7bn rand (about £230m) but recently the entire affair, including the 322 criminal charges, were settled for around £44m.

King accepted that he had not been compliant with South African tax law and expressed regret at the way he had behaved. It took him long enough, but he got there in the end. There is now something of a rush to install him as the new King of Ibrox, the great redeemer who can replace chaos with order on the back of his undoubted wealth. Rand off the radar, or something like that.

Of course, this wouldn’t be Rangers if there weren’t multiple layers to the story. There’s the moral argument and whether an accepted tax cheat should be welcomed into Scottish football. The flip-side of that is that he has fronted up and paid his dues. All matters have been settled. The moral argument is less important than the technical argument. The SFA’s improper person rules are a bit like their rules on gambling. They exist, but the question is how rigorously they will be enforced.

King’s involvement in Whyte’s board should be an insurmountable obstacle to the notion that he can become Rangers chairman. King was no acolyte of Whyte’s, far from it. But he still had a degree of culpability. For confirmation, all the SFA have to do is re-read the report of their own judicial panel investigation into Whyte’s regime. King, it said, had asked a few questions and griped a little about the lack of information coming from Whyte, but beyond that, the report concluded, he hadn’t done a whole lot to challenge the former owner. In essence, he should have done more.

And you are quite right to avoid it Rangerstits. This was on the text from the BBC on Scottish football live yesterday. You know the thing where they have text updates on all SPFL games? (They started the SPFL talking solely about us, naturally.....) This is the EPL one for today, for example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/29417158

I am sorry I didn't make it clear at the time. Basically I was typing as it happened, I was following the text re the Rangers' news, which was a fresh wound at the time (still is!), he reacted and I reacted instantly on here, without detailing the context for future readers.

Here's a bit of English on King in the past, it's a much politer version of his ferocious rant re the South African judge's views but, anyway, it gives you a flavour with a snide comparison to Whyte in "rand off the radar":

The enormous contradiction in all of this, of course, is that at that precise moment the South African Revenue Service (SARS) were not only accusing King of a lack of humility but were also threatening to get him stuck in the slammer for upwards of 15 years. When told of King’s call for contrition at Rangers, a source close to SARS was not exactly impressed. “What about practising what he preaches?” said the source.

This is where the analysis of King becomes mind-bending. A year earlier, the man who wanted Rangers to express regret for the things they had done wrong was denounced as a “glib and shameless” liar by a judge in a South African tax court. In his epic battle with the authorities, King was described, by Justice Southwood, as a “mendacious witness” who had “no respect for the truth” and who “does not hesitate to lie.” King versus SARS lasted 14 years and it was the biggest tax case in the history of the country. In the beginning the revenue service were chasing him for 2.7bn rand (about £230m) but recently the entire affair, including the 322 criminal charges, were settled for around £44m.

King accepted that he had not been compliant with South African tax law and expressed regret at the way he had behaved. It took him long enough, but he got there in the end. There is now something of a rush to install him as the new King of Ibrox, the great redeemer who can replace chaos with order on the back of his undoubted wealth. Rand off the radar, or something like that.

Of course, this wouldn’t be Rangers if there weren’t multiple layers to the story. There’s the moral argument and whether an accepted tax cheat should be welcomed into Scottish football. The flip-side of that is that he has fronted up and paid his dues. All matters have been settled. The moral argument is less important than the technical argument. The SFA’s improper person rules are a bit like their rules on gambling. They exist, but the question is how rigorously they will be enforced.

King’s involvement in Whyte’s board should be an insurmountable obstacle to the notion that he can become Rangers chairman. King was no acolyte of Whyte’s, far from it. But he still had a degree of culpability. For confirmation, all the SFA have to do is re-read the report of their own judicial panel investigation into Whyte’s regime. King, it said, had asked a few questions and griped a little about the lack of information coming from Whyte, but beyond that, the report concluded, he hadn’t done a whole lot to challenge the former owner. In essence, he should have done more.

The last paragraph is hilarious. Never mind DK what were the SFA doing before and during Whyte's ownership of Rangers?

Were they aware of Whyte's past before he got Rangers? Just about everyone else was including AJ,PM etc.

And at what point were the SFA made aware Whyte wasnt paying over NI/PAYE and what action did they propose to take?

What did they expect King to do? He couldnt remove Whyte because he was effectively the owner.

Ive said it before that Rhegan should have been sacked over the Whyte fiasco. Him and the SFA's total lack of action was nothing short of scandalous. Was it deliberate? Maybe Rhegan was just doing as told by Liewell.

Edited by RANGERRAB

Fair enough. I take very little notice of the inane shite that goes on between fans and hacks on social media.

It's not just social media though. Tom English has been one of the main Scottish media men at the heart of a long series of anti-King rhetoric both in the printed and online press and also on BBC radio shows like Sportsound.