Man faces extortion allegations over leaked Rangers secrets

The rumour is that a poster called bawsburst is Irvine.

Has this ever been admitted/proven beyond doubt ?

I don't believe so. It is widely believed to be the case - but that is far from proof......

Keeping an eye on what exactly ?

Not sure, i would imagine it would be prudent to keep up to date with fans opinions and what's hot and not among fans. I would like to think we would have people giving feed back to the club that 90% of members across the 4 or 5 main forums want the manager sacked. Or they may choose to use the forums to get something out in public without doing it through official/media channels, i think Green/Ahmads RM account were used for stuff like that. I don't know to be honest but if i owned a club i would certainly like to know what my fans were thinking and/or talking about with regards the club i own.

I don't believe so. It is widely believed to be the case - but that is far from proof......

It's never Irvine himself. However the account may well be another "merlin mcsoldout" type. Just another puppet. There are quite a few out there willing to take on that kind of role so it would seem.

Not sure, i would imagine it would be prudent to keep up to date with fans opinions and what's hot and not among fans. I would like to think we would have people giving feed back to the club that 90% of members across the 4 or 5 main forums want the manager sacked. Or they may choose to use the forums to get something out in public without doing it through official/media channels, i think Green/Ahmads RM account were used for stuff like that. I don't know to be honest but if i owned a club i would certainly like to know what my fans were thinking and/or talking about with regards the club i own.

The problem we have at Rangers is like most things, the motivations and priorities of who are in charge at the club are different from that of the support. They look for self profit whilst we look for a decent football team. This then influences the whole approach to how a club is run, more especially if it's a regime who have an MO similar to what we have suffered for the last few years.

I think in general they have used it more via 3rd parties in a destructive way to better divide/influence the support rather in the positive.

But in a normal and well run club, yes, the messageboards are an obvious port of call for market research, that would be used in a positive way for the club and not individuals.

All they're interested in is if they personally get criticised because that is all they care about.

And yes they do monitor the forums for that purpose.

The whole Ahmad thing being on RM was just beyond ridiculous and very unsavoury.

This, along with the recent stuff about Craig Whyte, suggests some progress is being made in the various police investigations.

It's a slow process but the fraudulent nature of the last few years is gradually being exposed.