Never understood why Findlay still gets hero worshiped by many of our support

You have failed to understand quite a bit of what was going on in connection to Rangers, so it comes as no surprise that you wouldn't feel any affinity with the thoughts of someone 'old school' like Findlay. Probably a generational thing, so it may be an unfair criticism.

The club was very different from what it used to be long before administration and the current regime

It was, yes, but it still held some standards. There had been a gradual erosion over the years, especially under SDM, but there was a major change from Whyte onwards.

It's the "new entity" part that got under my skin, I actually agree with some of what he said with regards to tradition, I don't think many of us will be less than disgusted with what has been happening over the past few years, traditions have not been at the forefront of all who have came and went nor are standards and pride. But I know - like most of our fans - about our history, our traditions and our standards. Our Club hasn't lost any of those things, our Club has lost people who will honour them and appreciate that they are in control of an institution, an institution that is known world wide, an institution so meaningful to so many people that when X,Y or Z board member makes a gaff it embaressess thousands of people and we feel it more than the individual that goofed. Is it too much to ask for an individual to come to our Club and respect our history, traditions, standards and pride whilst also remembering and appreciating that any of his/her actions will affect thousands of fans?

It's all too easy to just say that everything is still there and that it just needs the correct people to put them back in their rightful place, but that ignores the behaviour of a large percentage of the support in all of this. They have generally accepted what has been going on with blithe ignorance, either as a show of bravado towards those who ridiculed them, or simply because a trip to Ibrox had become a habit and another leisure pursuit.

Things have been lost that can never be recovered.

The club is the same club it always was, and this is hugely important. If it wasn't, I'd recommend starting a brand new one.

It doesn't feel the same any more, and I sympathise with and understand why people might feel this. Things are different now and we all know it, but the fact that Rangers is officially recognised as the original club from 1872 is why we are still here.

If it was a new club, why would we be supporting it? We would be far better starting from scratch with a new entity that isn't owned by Mike Ashley and friends.

The most important aspect of this entire debacle is that Rangers remains as a club with its 142 year history intact. If it had been lost, we would be daft to still be here tolerating all that has gone on.

If DF feels that this is a new entity that has to establish its own history, it may well be his personal view, but he is factually wrong. It is the same entity, but by going to press with his personal view, he has played right into the hands of every Rangers-hater out there.

Whittaker and Naismith were lambasted for their foolish comments, and so was Walter Smith. Now, just when we thought the dust was settling, DF has set the whole process back.

These guys used to be admired. Personally, I hope the future of Rangers has no place in it for those people who have done more harm than good since this whole debacle kicked off.

It's all too easy to just say that everything is still there and that it just needs the correct people to put them back in their rightful place, but that ignores the behaviour of a large percentage of the support in all of this. They have generally accepted what has been going on with blithe ignorance, either as a show of bravado towards those who ridiculed them, or simply because a trip to Ibrox had become a habit and another leisure pursuit.

Things have been lost that can never be recovered.

*Things have been lost that can never be recovered.* I agree mostly but the things I mentioned are not lost, more hidden than lost but they can be rediscovered. I should highlight "can be" because it will need the right people with backing from ALL fans. Seems miles away and unachievable right now though.

The club is the same club it always was, and this is hugely important. If it wasn't, I'd recommend starting a brand new one.

It doesn't feel the same any more, and I sympathise with and understand why people might feel this. Things are different now and we all know it, but the fact that Rangers is officially recognised as the original club from 1872 is why we are still here.

If it was a new club, why would we be supporting it? We would be far better starting from scratch with a new entity that isn't owned by Mike Ashley and friends.

The most important aspect of this entire debacle is that Rangers remains as a club with its 142 year history intact. If it had been lost, we would be daft to still be here tolerating all that has gone on.

If DF feels that this is a new entity that has to establish its own history, it may well be his personal view, but he is factually wrong. It is the same entity, but by going to press with his personal view, he has played right into the hands of every Rangers-hater out there.

Whittaker and Naismith were lambasted for their foolish comments, and so was Walter Smith. Now, just when we thought the dust was settling, DF has set the whole process back.

These guys used to be admired. Personally, I hope the future of Rangers has no place in it for those people who have done more harm than good since this whole debacle kicked off.

That, to me, is the root of the problem.

I don't have any 'Rangers-haters' as mates, so I really couldn't give a fuck what they think. My thoughts are solely with the hundreds of good bluenoses that I have met over the years, and the millions which I haven't. They are the ones who have been left disappointed and disgusted by what has gone on over a period of years.

If anyone is desperate enough to need a legal liferaft in order to put on a brave face to their Celtic pals, whether real or cyber, then they really do not understand what being a Ranger was all about.

*Things have been lost that can never be recovered.* I agree mostly but the things I mentioned are not lost, more hidden than lost but they can be rediscovered. I should highlight "can be" because it will need the right people with backing from ALL fans. Seems miles away and unachievable right now though.

You can't build a reputation on what you are going to do. - Henry Ford.