People need to stop thinking that Ashley's influence is going to be remotely positive because there is absolutely no evidence to back this up. All he has done is cause us massive problems - debt, onerous contracts, no actual investment etc. We had the chance to get long term funding but instead we just got sucked further under his horrible grasp. All he is is a gigantic barrier to any chance of a revival.

Those clammering for Dave King to buy stock will no doubt do the same to Ashley..........

he still does say that but, in context:

He added: “When Mike bought Newcastle from me, I talked to his team when I was negotiating with him.

“They wanted to use Newcastle as a brand name to sell Sports Direct products in the Far East and he will do the same with Rangers.

“If Mike builds a decent team at Rangers then it is only a matter of time before they start winning things again.

“With a fair wind, Rangers will be backin the Champions League again and that will mean that Mike has an even better marketing tool for his products than Newcastle — because Newcastle have not won anything and don’t look like doing so."

that came just after this choice quote:

"“It is very good news for Rangers fans that Derek has been installed as chief executive.

“At Newcastle, he got a grip on the club and under him a strong team was put in place off the field to make sure things went well on it. He ran a very tight ship.”"

Struck me as odd, I thought Hall had hated him....

Age must be getting to him.

I would imagine he is with regard to Macleod. Doubt anyone would want Wallace.

well I thought Wallace had refused to go anywhere when they tried to punt him before.

He wants to stay in Scotland and the only club here with the money to buy him are Celtic.

That would be a first !

well I thought Wallace had refused to go anywhere when they tried to punt him before.

He wants to stay in Scotland and the only club here with the money to buy him are Celtic.

That would be a first !

If anyone comes in for Wallace then he'll be gone in Jan. I just don't see anyone half decent being interested in him. Even Macleod is generating very little interest and he's twice the player.

I reserve my judgement on what most people write, you included. As does anyone else, I suppose. If I come to different - or let's say not the very same - conclusions as you do does not by default mean that I don't believe you. Not that I said that quite a few times before.

I've read these comments of the SD AGM (or whatever it was) before, likewise your P/E ratio explanation. Doesn't change what I wrote in the reply above.

I've no doubt you've read several times but wishing something to be untrue doesn't make it untrue.

Ashley is fabulously successful at what he does, he has a winning formula and he sticks to it, he won't change it to appease Rangers fans just as Whyte didn't change his modus operandi and Green didn't change his.

Guys like Green, Stockbridge and Ahmad were quite content to misappropriate a couple of years' season ticket sales and the IPO money then scuttle off. The ride is over for them at that point. We're on the last possible year of that happening, so why would MA bother?

I sincerely doubt they've scuttled off, they're still sucking from the Rangers tit.