Supposedly Ally's £150k expenses have been leaked by the board. If it's true, which no doubt it is, that just sums up everything that is wrong with us. Not just the sum but the fact the board of our club are once again acting so unprofessionally.

what is this figure?

What do we mean by success? Everything is relative, right?

Success does not have to mean that we go from the doldrums of the Championship to the CL in one season. Right now I'd surmise that many Rangers' fans who see their team skate the Championship and make an honest attempt at winning the Premiership would consider that to be a success.

Would Ashley consider that a success? If it brought crowds of 30,000 + and who were buying merchandise, I suppose he would.

Those figures quoted above will not continue if the present trends continue. Falling crowds, boycotters, parallel merchandising and negativism everywhere will impact on sales. Will Ashley see that as a success?

We are a very small niche in his overall interests, but he has already shown us that the present situation is unacceptable. He has sent in Llambias to cut away the driftwood. Who's next?

You would have to think that come January he will cut away about six of the dross playing for us, and bring in a few energetic souls. Not stars, but certainly an improvement on the present incumbents. Save on salaries, expend a few million £s here and there, and put a temporary stay on the sp*vs feeding from the trough; is that success?

This is a global brand we are talking about here, do you think Ashley likes to lose?

Yes, John, mediocracy can be sold but it must appear to be a success.

Those of you who are dripping in cynicism when you talk about Rangers' success, I think you want Rangers to be successful so badly you can taste it.

gordon-ramsay-money-trouble.gif

People need to stop thinking that Ashley's influence is going to be remotely positive because there is absolutely no evidence to back this up. All he has done is cause us massive problems - debt, onerous contracts, no actual investment etc. We had the chance to get long term funding but instead we just got sucked further under his horrible grasp. All he is is a gigantic barrier to any chance of a revival.

SBS I agreed with your post above but in the interests of everyone getting a fair shout, I should point out that there's praise - almost a eulogy - for MA and LameBoss in the Sun by Sir John Hall who thinks they'll be brilliant for Rangers.

The Sun is behind a firewall (and no, I won't join it even for you fine folk) and although the article is quoted in full on FF, no URL is given so I am presuming I should not copy and paste it into here. It's quite something....

He's now a star. and you? ... reduced to sarcasm !

Looks more like exasperation than sarcasm, and if that is correct, I share his feelings. Your long-running hatred of the RST appears to be clouding your judgement where Ashley is concerned, but fret not, you're one amongst many.

Sir John Hall had this to say in 2011:

“I was told that the man behind the deal was Mike Ashley and I sat with his representatives over 3 days thrashing out a deal. I was keen to know why they wanted the club and they were quite honest. They wanted to market their sports goods in the Far East and would use the club to help do this.”

Sir John Hall had this to say in 2011:

he still does say that but, in context:

He added: “When Mike bought Newcastle from me, I talked to his team when I was negotiating with him.

“They wanted to use Newcastle as a brand name to sell Sports Direct products in the Far East and he will do the same with Rangers.

“If Mike builds a decent team at Rangers then it is only a matter of time before they start winning things again.

“With a fair wind, Rangers will be backin the Champions League again and that will mean that Mike has an even better marketing tool for his products than Newcastle — because Newcastle have not won anything and don’t look like doing so."

that came just after this choice quote:

"“It is very good news for Rangers fans that Derek has been installed as chief executive.

“At Newcastle, he got a grip on the club and under him a strong team was put in place off the field to make sure things went well on it. He ran a very tight ship.”"

Struck me as odd, I thought Hall had hated him....

Edited by SteveC

Looks more like exasperation than sarcasm, and if that is correct, I share his feelings. Your long-running hatred of the RST appears to be clouding your judgement where Ashley is concerned, but fret not, you're one amongst many.

No worries.