I sincerely doubt they've scuttled off, they're still sucking from the Rangers tit.

That's a fair point - they have been clearly identified by the vast majority of the support as bad guys though, and daren't show their faces around the club. I daresay they are still profiting from some of the onerous $pivco deals.

The point I was really trying to make is that Mike Ashley is a different prospect from the characters of the last few years. His aim isn't to get rich quick, it's to engineer a situation that will see him grow richer year-on-year.

Edited by Thinker

That's a fair point - though they have been clearly identified by the vast majority of the support as bad guys, and daren't show their faces around the club.

The point I was really trying to make is that Mike Ashley is a different prospect from the characters of the last few years. His aim isn't to get rich quick, it's to engineer a situation that will see him grow richer year-on-year.

True but will probably be just as damaging in it's own peculiar way.

Someone on FF has posted this, it's my thoughts.

We are the people, always.

The first really big game I saw at Ibrox was Rangers v Real Madrid in 1963, we lost 1-0 in front of over 90k supporters. I was already Rangers daft but that night was the beginning of something special for me.

I have followed Rangers all my life, at Ibrox for parts of it but most of the time home and away including Europe, I am a fanatic. My family have always understood this and 90 per cent of my closest friends are bluenoses.

Kai's Cup Final, Barceloan, Centenary Cup Final, Stopping their 10, winning our 9 at Tannadice, Helicopter Sunday, Dunfermline 6-1, Lovenkrands Final, Fiorentina, Manchester are all priceless memories.

Over the last few weeks I've become increasingly frustrated and angry at fellow supporters who have been saying ASHLEY might be good for us or that Ally is a carpetbagger etc etc.

In some threads I've been pretty abusive towards fellow fans and I'd like to apologise because I fear we are losing our decency.

As a boy I was taught decency, manners and respect. I was brought up in a Protestant household and attended Sunday School and joined the BB. Rangers were always my team and I identified with the BB Parades to Ibrox and the Orange Orders Sunday parades over the years. We were proud, confidant and comfortable in our skins as Rangers Supporters.

In my view we started to become a bit complacent and didn't really see the enemies of our club sneaking up on us and positioning themselves to seize every opportunity to undermine us.

When we look back, Duncan Ferguson, The Billy Boys, Illegal Transfer Bans ,the constant insinuations that all Refs were Masonic Ramgers Supporters and of course the sinister activities of people in Scotland who set out to get is banned from highlighting and exaggerating every misdemeanour involving our club.

Sir David Murray selling the club to Craig Whyte gave our enemies the opportunity and they seized it, squeezed it and tried to destroy us.

THEY FAILED.

Now we face a new enemy and that enemy is in our boardroom, characters who would never have been allowed in the front door are sitting as directors. The threat to our decency, our heritage our traditions is a serious as it could possibly be.

On Monday when we go to the AGM please let's act like strong, proud and confidant Rangers Supporters. Ask the financial questions properly, do not accept any non answers. Refuse to give back the mic until you are answered properly.

If Sandy Easdale is on the stage DEMAND he is removed, he has no right to be there. DEMAND that Mr Llambius tells us the FULL details of his salary and bonus package be use he has suggested it's "less than previous" incumbents.

Most of all respect other supporters, let's get back to decency, never confuse good manners with weakness.

do not give these people on our board a minutes peace. They are a disgrace to our club and we must hold them to account.

This is a sad day for me as I missed my first home game, by choice, in many years. I stayed away and it felt terrible. My reason was that I wanted as low an attendance as possible before the AGM. It was painful to miss the game and I realise how hard it's been for the not a penny more guys.

I pray we can get proper decent Rangers supporters back in our boardroom in the near future.

We are the people, and always will be.

Having Rangers supporters back in the boardroom shouldn't be the aim, having people of competence should be.

We have plenty people at the club who are 'Rangers men' and are not remotely fit for purpose.

Men/Women with their first and last reason for being at Rangers is Rangers.

Having Rangers supporters back in the boardroom shouldn't be the aim, having people of competence should be.

We have plenty people at the club who are 'Rangers men' and are not remotely fit for purpose.

Neither should being an actual bona fide 'Rangers Man' be an impediment if they're suitably qualified.