Good arguments are articulated consistently on gersnet, reasonable understanding isn't so forthcoming.

Are you talking about yourself? Your main argument seems to be telling others they are wrong without backing it up or calling them names. When answering look in the mirror.

Quite so; therefore what does it matter if he increases his actual shareholding?

My take on that is that although we perceive Ashley to have effective control at the moment, the SFA do not want to be seen to be sanctioning actual control for Ashley.

How would Pete and big fat Rod live with themselves if they allowed Ashley to be in a position to assist Rangers going forward?

Come on guy's everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree or not. Make them change their mind by a good argument and not throwing insults.

I've been insulted 3 times in the past 24 hours or so on here and only one such has been deleted by you but two of my retorts responding to accusations of lack of sincerity, lack of honour and insanity have been deleted, whilst the last two accusations remain untouched.

There is just no chance that you are not at it.

As jhunter points out in terms of the SFA Articles it does not matter a jot because it is clear that by getting agreement to appoint two people to the Board, one of whom has now beaten off all competion to become the CEO, he already exerts control.

My take on that is that although we perceive Ashley to have effective control at the moment, the SFA do not want to be seen to be sanctioning actual control for Ashley.

I think there may well be a lot of truth in that; as they appear to be making much of the concession already granted.