Ken Bates, whilst Chelsea owner, bought a controlling stake in Partick Thistle in the 80s. His plan was to use Thistle as a feeder club for Chelsea, in the end other than Thistle getting a very young Billy Dodds on loan for a season little came of it other than virtual bankruptcy down Maryhill way. ENIC had a decent shareholding in us at one time whilst also owning large stakes in Sparta Prague, AEK Athens and of course Spurs. They apparently thought money could be made from TV rights.

If Ashley doesn't want to own two clubs then what was yesterday's charade all about and what is Llambias doing in our director's box?

I've yet to hear of anyone who wanted to own more than one club simply because they supported them and wanted to see them both do well.

My second comment was meant to be a tad ironic.

I am quite sure that Ashley has seen a major business opportunity in Rangers and will have no qualms in owning two (or more) football clubs.

Merry Christmas mate.

FWIW another 16 was to follow but let's not worry about it.

OK, happy to take your word for that (or perhaps I missed that part of the announcement - genuine comment) since I know Mr King keeps you up to date :D

I fully expected you to bring a suitcase full of used rand to the dinner but can see that we will have to bring forward the next one if the Club is to be saved. :santa:

Take the example of Hearts. Romanov owned or at least had influence over both Hearts and Kaunas. He was "allowed" to acquire 29.9% of Hearts by buying Robinson's shares in 2005 and went on to own more than 80%. Kaunas then loaned numerous players to Hearts, including three well known to Rangers fans: Marius Žaliūkas, Roman Bednář and Linas Pilibaitis who reurned to Kaunas and knocked us out of Europe with his headed goal in the dying minutes in August 2008.

Whilst Romanov was constantly in trouble with the SFA for his ridiculous outbursts I don't recall him being taken to task for dual ownership and I don't recall it being said that the fact that Hearts were stacked full of Lithuanian players prejudiced the sporting integrity of the SPL.

Given this precedent I would be interested to learn in what way "the Board (considers that consenting to Ashley's request would be against) the interests and public profile of Association Football, its players, spectators and others concerned with the game" as required by Rule 13.6; rather than simply an attempt to create further financial embarrassment for Rangers.

From a Hearts supporter who knows what he is talking about..............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Romanov actually had interests in three clubs, Hearts, FBK Kaunas in Lithuania and MTZ Ripo in Belarus.

While he was ultimately recognised as the “Owner and Operator” of Hearts, he was never a shareholder in his own right or even a director of Hearts. His shareholdings were always held through a third party, e.g. HOM 2005 Ltd and UBIG. It was the SPL themselves who changed the rules in order to be able to sanction Romanov for his rants against the authorities by defining the “owner and operator” of the club.

If I recall correctly, Kaunas was actually owned by Ukio Bankas, which Romanaov only owned 33%, although this was increased to 51% in 2010 and 63% in 2012.

His involvement with the third team of MTZ Ripo was through his companies being the major sponsors of the club."

Edited by buster.

From a Hearts supporter who knows what he is talking about..............

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Romanov actually had interests in three clubs, Hearts, FBK Kaunas in Lithuania and MTZ Ripo in Belarus.

While he was ultimately recognised as the “Owner and Operator” of Hearts, he was never a shareholder in his own right or even a director of Hearts. His shareholdings were always held through a third party, e.g. HOM 2005 Ltd and UBIG. It was the SPL themselves who changed the rules in order to be able to sanction Romanov for his rants against the authorities by defining the “owner and operator” of the club.

If I recall correctly, Kaunas was actually owned by Ukio Bankas, which Romanaov only owned 33%, although this was increased to 51% in 2010 and 63% in 2012.

His involvement with the third team of MTZ Ripo was through his companies being the major sponsors of the club."

I was well aware of his involvement in MTZ Ripo/FC Partizan Minsk.

The comment "While he was ultimately recognised as the “Owner and Operator” of Hearts" proves my case. You don't have to be a major sharehoilder in order to be able to exert influence and I was not referring to SPL Rules.

I can do with out your insults thank you very much.

I was well aware of his involvement in MTZ Ripo/FC Partizan Minsk.

The comment "While he was ultimately recognised as the “Owner and Operator” of Hearts" proves my case. You don't have to be a major sharehoilder in order to be able to exert influence and I was not referring to SPL Rules.

I can do with out your insults thank you very much.

What insult ? :hm:

Your latest episode seems to have left you a little :box:

Think llambias would be good on the board for a while to rid ourselves of the waste of resources that has dogged us since admin...cant see him staying if ashley is blocked but any new board needs someone who watches the pennies and stops the rot.

It'd be ok if he was acting in the interests of RIFC and ALL it's shareholders......but we know that won't be true.

Edited by buster.