It's heartening to see the Rangers support - almost to a man it seems - united in their condemnation of this news.

Tonight's demonstration should be a good one. One does wonder what the club - and particularly Derek Llambias - will do to address this in the interim now Parkco have improved upon Ashley's loan offer.

What's the latest from the Park camp??? Last I heard was £6.5m loan (to be converted to shares, with 2 on the board (& possibly 2 off)....

What's the latest from the Park camp??? Last I heard was £6.5m loan (to be converted to shares, with 2 on the board (& possibly 2 off)....

See last night/today's media updates.

They're offering to match the £10m without using Ibrox as security. In terms of funding that is clearly a better option than Ashley's offer.

Problem is, like you say, when it comes to demands over board make-up.

Edited by Frankie

They're offering to match the £10m without using Ibrox as security. In terms of funding that is clearly a better option than Ashley's offer.

Definitely a better offer - to normal people/business. If you don't have to secure your main asset (and one of only 2 real assets remaining)

Hopefully a large turnout tonight @ the demo, will force the boards hand - then again they may have wanted Parkco to increase the loan all along....

It's heartening to see the Rangers support - almost to a man it seems - united in their condemnation of this news.

Tonight's demonstration should be a good one. One does wonder what the club - and particularly Derek Llambias - will do to address this in the interim now Parkco have improved upon Ashley's loan offer.

He will do what he is told to do.

VB Admin are utterly repulsed at the recent media reports suggesting that our stadium is to be used as security for a loan, despite previous offers of hard cash investment being rejected by the Board.

Ibrox Stadium is sacrosanct to the Rangers support and for it to be offered up so flippantly by the current Board, despite their previous promises of it being out of bounds for sale or loan security, is reprehensible.http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/6929-club-statement

Those Board members responsible for considering this option, in particular Chairman David Somers and James Easdale, for lying to the support, should be chased the length of Edmiston Drive.

Our Stadium stands in tribute to the 66 souls who perished on its slopes and is not for sale. Nor should it ever be pawned off to wealthy businessmen.

Rangers fans are well within their rights to want to see David Somers & Co. run off the premises. We welcome any Rangers supporter adding their voice to tomorrow night’s protests.

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=26&a=admin-statement---ibrox-stadium

Sorry to ruin Frankie's United Front, but the first paragraph should be 'are utterly revolted' not 'utterly repulsed', the 2nd para should read 'offering it up' not 'for it to be offered up', and the 3rd para needs to reverse the order of the third and fourth clauses.

I slept on it overnight and it's still making me itchy, much like RF's 1872 option which, apparently, sees the buyer 'taken on the burden of others'.

I know this is my problem and not theirs. I'm really sorry.

Edited by andy steel

That was reported by one or two media outlets but it wasn't specified in the statement that was released. They merely offered to up their funding package. Of course, that may have meant that they would match any other offer.

Sorry to ruin Frankie's United Front, but the first paragraph should be 'are utterly revolted' not 'utterly repulsed', the 2nd para should read 'offering it up' not 'for it to be offered up', and the 3rd para needs to reverse the order of the third and fourth clauses.

I slept on it overnight and it's still making me itchy, much like RF's 1872 option which, apparently, sees the buyer 'taken on the burden of others'.

I know this is my problem and not theirs. I'm really sorry.

Grammatical Pedantry Syndrome

Grammatical (or grammar) pedantry syndrome is an illness or a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder where someone has a compulsive desire to correct any grammatical errors one has made and is obsessed with taking this peculiar, constant, and vexatious (from the target's perspective) action.

"Me and mark ate cookies!"

"You mean, 'Mark and I ate cookies!'"

"Stop it!"

"Sorry, I have Grammatical Pedantry Syndrome."

We suffer in syllables