I was thinking same BD - I'm already a lifetime member too. Could the RST perhaps waive the membership fee for lifetime membership and have all proceeds go towards purchasing shares ? Even if we have to pay the annual membership at a tenner, means more cash going towards shares.

I'll stand to be corrected on this but I think you would need to be a member of the RST either paying annually or a life membership to have a vote on how the shares are voted at an AGM/EGM whereas with the RF you automatically have a vote by virtue of the contribution, lump sum or monthly.

If that's correct then paying the £10 RST sub would give you a vote up to April this year I believe but not thereafter, so a lifetime membership may make more sense in the long run.

No doubt plgsarmy will confirm.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Understand the concerns.

I'll speak to Bluedell, but I'm sure the preference would be for him to provide a sort-code and account number by private message, allowing folk to make a direct transfer by telephone banking, Internet banking or via a branch. We've done that a couple of times for the Gersnet dinner and it worked well.

If we can find a method that works for you, did you have a figure in mind?

I agree that that is the best way to collect the money but BD is going to have a bit of a job on communicating the details because from memory with the dinner the system only allows 5 or 7 names in one PM :throwpc:

I agree that that is the best way to collect the money but BD is going to have a bit of a job on communicating the details because from memory with the dinner the system only allows 5 or 7 names in one PM :throwpc:

Thankfully the average sum pledged is a bit higher than I originally expected, so the numbers should be manageable.

Okay, executive decision from me. If you buy three Community Shares then I will donate a Life Membership to the forum. Just don't tell anyone.

Thanks PLG, it'll be our little secret [emoji8]

We've already got enough for three without the membership fee.

Let's see if we can reward your generosity with a fourth one. Only £110 to go.