I have emailed the Met in London expressing my concerns over health and safety relating to the selected venue.

In particular I have requested that they examine the Risk Assessment carried out by Shackleton et al before deciding on this venue.

Is there a risk that this sort of thing could backfire and give them an excuse to delay the EGM?

If they try that, id expect DK to state that there is a 50k seater in Glasgow that is more than capable of handling the crowds.

They would surely have to give an extremely good reason as to why it is not being held closer to home in the first place.

Is there a risk that this sort of thing could backfire and give them an excuse to delay the EGM?

I doubt it. it would be breaking rules and there are plenty of other suitable venues to be found within a 4 week period. After all if you are to believe them they found this venue within a few hours.

I have emailed the Met in London expressing my concerns over health and safety relating to the selected venue.

In particular I have requested that they examine the Risk Assessment carried out by Shackleton et al before deciding on this venue.

Very sensible. Where ever this is held thousands of angry bears will attend. A strong police presence will be needed.

I suspe t the met will tm them not in our borough.

I doubt it. it would be breaking rules and there are plenty of other suitable venues to be found within a 4 week period. After all if you are to believe them they found this venue within a few hours.

I think that they have to give a 4 week notice of where and when it's to be held. If they rearrange it then it's possible they change the date.

If more than the capacity turn up then it could be declared null and void as not all shareholders would be able to vote.

We don't need to be there. We just need to have our votes cast. There won't be an option for questions to be asked from the floor.

There's a danger we're all getting carried away.

I have concerns about what our current board will do in any situation.

I believe that for far too long they have had an easy ride. For as long as they remain, every decision that they make needs to be challenged. As Neville Chamberlain discovered in Munich, appeasement does not work.

Could an "unexepected change of venue" mean that the EGM can be "legally" postponed though?

I have concerns about what our current board will do in any situation.

I believe that for far too long they have had an easy ride. For as long as they remain, every decision that they make needs to be challenged. As Neville Chamberlain discovered in Munich, appeasement does not work.

Dong what they want us to do doesn't work either. Ashley's proved he's not stupid.