Please pick which resolutions you are in favour of  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Please pick which resolutions you are in favour of

• The removal of David Somers as a director of the Company
    • The removal of James Easdale as a director of the Company
    • The removal of Derek Llambias as a director of the Company
    • The removal of Barry Leach as a director of the Company
    • The appointment of David King as a director of the Company
    • The appointment of Paul Murray as a director of the Company.
    • The appointment of John Gilligan as a director of the Company

There is a similar poll on RM and there is a small percentage of our support who need medical help , 4.5% want to keep somers , 15.45 want to keep James Easdale , 34% want to keep Llambias ,and 25.9 % want to keep Leech , absolutely mental

There is a similar poll on RM and there is a small percentage of our support who need medical help , 4.5% want to keep somers , 15.45 want to keep James Easdale , 34% want to keep Llambias ,and 25.9 % want to keep Leech , absolutely mental

Those two in particular are bizarrely high.

That sure is our john.

I have never met the man but I am assured he is a very nice person and a genial host at dinners and the like.

However, it is my opinion that he is "on the team" principally as a link to the RST (nothing wrong with that per se) and the Members such as Andy Smillie. In that context he promised much and totally failed to deliver when he was the much touted go between the RST and the Members in 2010.

I found this "Before being recruited to Tennent’s, Gilligan spent a number of years working for drinks merchant Inverarity Morton but spent most of his career at Scottish & Newcastle (S&N). "

http://www.scotsman.com/business/retail/interview-john-gilligan-and-stephen-annand-of-tennent-s-1-2210057

and this "John Gilligan started out as a Trainee Salesman with Dryburghs, bringing over 30 years of contacts and experience in the Scottish drinks industry to his role as Sales Managing Director, the ‘dream job’ he was appointed to in 2011"

His connections in the drinks trade might be useful but essentially he seems to have been some kind of super salesman who rose through the ranks to the top job.

and this http://www.thedrum.com/news/2012/09/07/tennents-announces-senior-commercial-promotions-john-gilligan-named-managing

Can't say what swayed these people. The only good ... nay, let's say smart thing that Llambias has started is doing what needed to be done in terms of "streamlining the business". I know that quite a few people demanded similar and rather unpopular actions from 2012 onwards, actions that never materialized. Hence we lost money left, right and centre on/in a business that was not sustainable where we were (and are). (The bonus payments and money drain elsewhere is another matter in this story of desasters.) Before people get this wrong: that's only the reason I would put forward why people voted for him. And the latter exclude me.