Stan Collymore: Take Rangers off the TV...

Stan Collymore: Take Rangers off the TV until their fans stop singing about '****** blood'

15:04, 19 February 2015

By Record Sport Online

THE controversial pundit launches personal campaign to see the end of sectarianism at football.

STAN COLLYMORE today demanded Rangers are pulled off the telly if their fans continue to belt out sectarian songs.

And the ouspoken pundit insists he doesn’t care if he is binned by broadcasters so long as Rangers are hammered for it.

Controversial Collymore has backed a petition that calls for the end of "****** blood" chants which were heard most recently at the QTS Scottish League Cup semi-final between the Ibrox club and Celtic on February 1.

The SPFL earlier this week revealed no action will be taken against either club for the shameful scenes that also included an offensive banner in the Hoops end.

But Collymore, a self-proclaimed anti-fascist – is demanding more is done and is backing a petition against sectarian chanting.

Rangers fans have in turn called for BT Sport – who show Gers games – and TalkSport pundit Collymore to be sacked for singling out their club and not Celtic too.

The former Liverpool striker said on Twitter this afternoon: "I’m thinking about starting a petition to boycott broadcasting football clubs support who sings about ****** Blood. Will YOU support me?

"I’ll make sure the question will be not whether I’m employed on TV. It’ll be highlighting “****** blood” everywhere I go to sponsors and stations.

There’s many of you Rangers fans, there’s only one of me but I’ll take your hypocrisy head on, all of you."

The 'Sectarian chanting is illegal. Demeaning' petition, created by John Smith of Cannock, Staffs, has been signed by over 900 people so far.

Ignoring someone doesn't make him go away. As far as I heard F. Blood was not sung it was la la.

Hopefully when/if the new regime takeover, we will have something that we've been crying out for since the SDM years... a club that has the balls to take people like him to task and not let him get away with his obvious personal agenda against us. He's not anything to worry about, but he's a start.

Okay Stan because singing songs that are in vast majority of cases sung for atmosphere and to wind-up opponents is far worse than a big bad bully beating up a defenceless woman.

Back to your cave, wife-beating, bigoted trogledyte.

Edited by BlueSolace

For what its worth,this guy was standing beside me when we played AEK Athens away from home in the early Nineties.

There was him,Brian Roy,and Stuart Pierce.

I think Notts Forest had a training camp in Greece pre season and they came along to support Rangers because Collymore was a big Gers fan.

Whats happened since then I dont know,he obviously has had some personal issues with us since .

Anyway ,I dont give a toss about him,hes a Judas as far as im concerned.

I only spoke to Pierce.I asked him if he ever fancied playing for the Gers.

He looked straight at me and answered NO.!!End of conversation.

collymore is a rangers fan, away to fuck with that statement, time and time again old wifebeater is a rancid bastard, hell he's said it himself countless times when the ****s are playing.

he's just a attention seeking whore looking for hits for his blog, twitter and any other social media outlets.