Rangers Face Song Probe

The trouble is we have been warned and it is now law. I think the law should be challenged somehow. In the meantime, the fans should cease to sing the banned songs but mock the lack of freedom of speech.

My problem is that UEFA has already taken action and it is only a matter of time before we are punitively punished by The SFA/UEFA.

And for fucks sake, super-prods we have nearly lost our club, have we not suffered enough !!!

Stop the singing meantime and challenge it through other means / courts /democratic institutions .....

We are at risk of losing future fans because of EPL exposure etc, do we really need anymore negative issues !

Any time things look up for us, we can rely on the Moron Loyal to spoil it. Fucking hats off, yet again.

When will we wise up? The backward sinkhole that is the Scottish government has banned certain songs. They are idiots we all know that but why the fu%k give them a stick to beat us with???

We have plenty of songs/chants that will not get us into trouble.

A certain Mr S (as#£0*e) Collymore will just be loving this!

We really need to educate and get far more savvy! As much as I despise the idiotic laws, there is no excuse for this, we have been warned.

The point here is that you will always have some juvenile neds who must prove to the world that they defy anything they want. I did hear TBB once all evening. If that constitutes a heinous crime that needs to be punished Scotland is really beyond it. At the end of the day, Rangers can do hardly any more about it than they did. It was an away ground, so anyone willing could buy a ticket.

That said, there is hardly any sort of level playing field here. There is all sorts of "vile" banter being sung all over Britain and nothing is done about that. There were all sort of pro-IRA songs being sung at the Scumhut yesterday and no-one was saying a word. What do they want here? All they will get is another wave of hate being stoked up. Shall we go back and write letters to UEFA about the stuff the Yahoos sang and will continue to sing? Pathetic.

Edited by der Berliner

The only thing left to do, it seems, is for Rangers to state that any fans singing the banned songs, get banned from attending games.

I dont expect the current Rangers board to release a statement of this sort... or maybe they will to try and sway the undecided before the EGM.

A rather good comment on FF by SM

Sing it at Hampden when they're a few seats away and the SPFL doesn't care - presumably because they'd have to examine the actions of that lot as well. Sing such nonsense at Raith when the yahoos aren't there and we get the book chucked at us.

The double standards are there for all to see and until it stops the football authorities will never be able to tackle such lunacy. An eighteen-year-old bluenose looks across the city and the tims are having a sing-along about a bunch of child-killers so why shouldn't he chant about the UVF?

Make no mistake, it's a war on Rangers. The removal of sectarianism from the stands and terraces of Scottish football has f**k all to do with anything.

I totally agree we are treated unfairly. I am just disappointed we done so much work to get Collymore in a corner and then fuck it all up in about 5 minutes.

I'm not away yet because this subject is so true to me...yes it's not right this sectarian mush isn't politically correct, yes we have done much to wipe it off our agenda but see the media still have a go at us yet ignore the other side.

Sure it's all our fault because we brought it up again because the authorities refused to recognise it at the cup game when it should have been dealt with then along with the 'morons' on the hoopy side.

Celtic fans like Rangers fans belted out whatever they wanted at Hampden and I wasn't offended because it was a typical OF game for me. If what was sung at Hampden was acceptable by the authorities (and it was) then why should what was sung at Starks Park be brought into question? Yes it was over the top, but it is easy to see why it went that way.

Rangers and their fans have had to put up with quite a lot over the past years, frustration and ignorance can go hand in hand at times - it's at best an excuse. What's the excuse of the media printing bias against Rangers whilst 'Champions' Celtic and their fans escape the same criticism?

I agree entirely but why do we repeatedly shaft ourselves?

We know the rules, idiotic and one-sided as they are.

Good grief, we don't half ask for trouble. Utter stupidity.

The subject should be tackled properly though,I am in no doubt that it is Rangers that is being targeted with everything that is wrong with Scotlands sectarian problems and this is where I have a problem,Rangers fans sing these songs at Hampden against the BHEASTS,no issues!,sing these same songs at Ibrox and all hell is let loose!