Kenny McDowall - No quick fix

And I still ask - why are our players not in doing double training sessions ? Do they not feel they need to improve their 'talents' and fitness levls ?????

Hearts have done ok by doing this and clearly wanted promotion more than us and were prepared to work hard for it.

Auchenhowie is wasted on this bunch !!!

And I still ask - why are our players not in doing double training sessions ? Do they not feel they need to improve their 'talents' and fitness levls ?????

I was looking through the latest batch of training photos from Willie Vass, and started thinking.....

All the players look well & truly wrapped up - hats, neck warmers, long johns, gloves etc. Surely if they were being worked hard, they wouldn't need that stuff to keep them warm???

I was looking through the latest batch of training photos from Willie Vass, and started thinking.....

All the players look well & truly wrapped up - hats, neck warmers, long johns, gloves etc. Surely if they were being worked hard, they wouldn't need that stuff to keep them warm???

Agreed mate. They are clearly not being worked hard and never have been. It shows every time they step on the pitch on a matchday.

The standards that Ally and Kenny have let the footballing side of things drop to are absolutely unforgiveable.

Get them in doing double training - get them fitter and get them to work on their skills. It's only since Vuckic has arrived have we had anyone who can deliver a set piece properly, for example.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548[/ATTACH]

Seeing as the data is in my quickie spreadsheet, here's the graph for the percentage win rate for all games this season starting at the 10th game.

:D2 spreadsheets and graphs now

Mcoist was a bad manager, mcdowell is worse , you're looking for controversy where there isn't any.

Mcoist was a bad manager, mcdowell is worse , you're looking for controversy where there isn't any.

You seem and your strange friend seemed to have missed the point several times despite much repetition. It's not about McCoist as a manger, it's about whether we have a team that has the potential for promotion.

I can see why you don't like graphs and spreadsheets - they produce a more objective picture.

You seem and your strange friend seemed to have missed the point several times despite much repetition. It's not about McCoist as a manger, it's about whether we have a team that has the potential for promotion.

I can see why you don't like graphs and spreadsheets - they produce a more objective picture.

I have said this plenty times, it doesn't really require silly graphs or irrelevant comparisons between McCoist and KMD.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?69014-FT-Cowdenbeath-0-0-Rangers&p=554813&viewfull=1#post554813

Getting promoted should certainly be achievable, just not with McCoist.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Well, a useful debate is based on personal opinion and actual facts. I have seen people going ballistic about Walter's tactics and team selections time and again, for years. At the end of the day though, he's been one of the most successful managers in Rangers history. If people start debating his "abilities as a manager" now, they'll get a compassionate glance and a consoling tap on the back. Both McCoist's and McDowall's stats and abilities are no-where near Walter's, but likewise they should be talked about in unison.

Edited by der Berliner