Kenny McDowall - No quick fix

The onerous contracts are for everything. Catering. Maintenance Wi-Fi you name it.

You talk of matching them for sponsorship but right now we get a fifth of what they get and Ashley gets 50 percent of ours from 2017 as things stand.

They have a bigger stadium so matching them for ticket sales will be possible only if there fans don't go.

Europe safe to say they will get much more for 2 of the next 3 years.

They have a cash surplus we have a deficit and we are losing money while they are profitable.

Ling ling way to go to match them in 3 years and where will they be then.

Good points. A lot of it will depend on how we deal with SD and the other onerous contracts.

But won't the reasons behind that quickly change now? We were pretty solid in second place before Ally resigned and the boycott started, and that was WITH the sickness of our troubles with the board and the poor relationship with the fans.

There's so many congratulating themselves on how they saw it all coming but have been totally missing this part which was under their nose for over three years.

We'll also have half a new squad for the Premiership and our current squad was already capable of beating three Premiership sides, despite all the goings on.

I don't agree with that at all.

we were garbage before mccoist resigned and garbage after.

Our primary focus has to be implementing a sustainable long term infrastructure. Our club has been run shambolically on the field and off for as far back as I can remember. Coaching, tactics, player conditioning, philosophy, scouting, youth development etc are all areas that need to be targeted and have just been ignored or done terribly. Until we focus on these areas I couldn't care less how we do against Celtic in the next few seasons. I think we'll find that once we address the root cause of our on the field problems, the rest will soon follow.

Also, we certainly cannot go back to the boom and bust approach again. We have to finally learn to operate prudently as a business. Bringing through our own players and buying cheap, upcoming foreign players who can be developed for a decent profit need to be priorities. Only once we're accumulating sufficient money are we fit to be spending it.

I don't agree with that at all.

we were garbage before mccoist resigned and garbage after.

No idea what you're getting at. No matter how garbage we were before McCoist resigned we still looked headed for an easy 2nd place before he went. We're still currently in the 2nd strongest position no matter what your opinion of the management or team is. Like I said, there's a lot of people who are blind to what's right under their nose.

No idea what you're getting at. No matter how garbage we were before McCoist resigned we still looked headed for an easy 2nd place before he went. We're still currently in the 2nd strongest position no matter what your opinion of the management or team is. Like I said, there's a lot of people who are blind to what's right under their nose.

And what's your point? We were second place in a very poor league destined for play-offs we had very little chance of progressing through. Further gubbings from Hibs has only reinforced this.

I'm getting at, we were never comfortable in second place.

we've played Hibs ostensibly our challengers for second place and the aggregate score is 7-1 to Hibs - we also couldn't beat them over 90 minutes in the cup game at Ibrox.

Hibs also seem to be improving as the season progresses - something we patently are not.

I'm getting at, we were never comfortable in second place.

we've played Hibs ostensibly our challengers for second place and the aggregate score is 7-1 to Hibs - we also couldn't beat them over 90 minutes in the cup game at Ibrox.

Hibs also seem to be improving as the season progresses - something we patently are not.

9 1 to hibs. We may come second but they are a far far better team.

9 1 to hibs. We may come second but they are a far far better team.

God even worse, i think i've started to blot stuff out its that bad.

Played them 4 times and haven't beaten them over 90 minutes. 9-1 aggregate in the league.

Absolutely disgraceful.

we don't need a manager to get promoted we need a magician.

Edited by jhunter

God even worse, i think i've started to blot stuff out its that bad.

Played them 4 times and haven't beaten them over 90 minutes. 9-1 aggregate in the league.

Absolutely disgraceful.

we don't need a manager to get promoted we need a magician.

One does not need to paint it more black than it is. Hibs took full advantage from our state, as did a few others. These potential play offs will come under different auspices and probably different leadership too. None of the teams we faced this season were über-sides. We were "just" utterly woeful from top to bottom. But things can change rather quickly in football. At this moment and time, they can revel in their successes and probably look forward to the game with more comfort than we do. We'll see who has the broader smile at the end.