Kenny McDowall - No quick fix

I only suggest ten years with no external investments.

No external investments is clearly a very slim notion. It is almost guaranteed we have external investment. In fact, it is imperative we have external investment as we clearly need funding across the board for many different aspects of the Club.

Really ? So potentially deny the club even more revenue ?

I would have thought that Ibrox would be bouncing with 45,000+ now that we have Bluenoses in charge, at least in the short-term - that would be the ideal time to INCREASE prices, not reduce them. Maybe I'm in cuckoo land though.

another season in the Championship - which I believe will happen - and we will not be getting 45,000 for matches. However maybe reducing ticket proces will incentivise certain fans to enable to get a decent crowd.

I think we're deluded if we think that we'll be back up to regular attendences of 45,000 in the Championship again next season.

another season in the Championship - which I believe will happen - and we will not be getting 45,000 for matches. However maybe reducing ticket proces will incentivise certain fans to enable to get a decent crowd.

I think we're deluded if we think that we'll be back up to regular attendences of 45,000 in the Championship again next season.

Even if we remain in the Championship I would anticipate a "feel good" factor at being rid of the charlatans that were running the Club. I personally don't agree with reducing the season ticket prices - mainly because I don't think that the lack of attendance is due to pricing, I think it is more due to a malaise with the product on the pitch and with the charlatans in the Boardroom. The latter will soon be removed and the former will hopefully be resolved with the right managerial appointment.

We had attendances of 45,000 in the fourth tier, so why we couldn't get 45,000 in the Championship isn't a stretch in the imagination, at least not for me.

Larson was on a fortune in wages.

Feynoord picked Larsson up for peanuts so the story stays the same. Look at the Scandinavian players Herenveen have signed and sold on over the years just because the then Chairman went on his holidays there and scouted while on holiday. There are gems to be had it is just knowing where to look.

Even if we remain in the Championship I would anticipate a "feel good" factor at being rid of the charlatans that were running the Club. I personally don't agree with reducing the season ticket prices - mainly because I don't think that the lack of attendance is due to pricing, I think it is more due to a malaise with the product on the pitch and with the charlatans in the Boardroom. The latter will soon be removed and the former will hopefully be resolved with the right managerial appointment.

We had attendances of 45,000 in the fourth tier, so why we couldn't get 45,000 in the Championship isn't a stretch in the imagination, at least not for me.

The fourth tier journey was a bit of a novelty factor and we were all just glad to be there in the end. However, attendences (real ones) have continued to decline since (even before the boycott).

Next season - even with a 'feel good' factor, home to Cowdenbeath on a wet November night 25k will be the max IMO.

I agree that the dross on the pitch has not helped and even with cheap ticketprices - which is what they are already - then a price reduction may not be that beneficial. But it may help.

The fourth tier journey was a bit of a novelty factor and we were all just glad to be there in the end. However, attendences (real ones) have continued to decline since (even before the boycott).

Next season - even with a 'feel good' factor, home to Cowdenbeath on a wet November night 25k will be the max IMO.

I agree that the dross on the pitch has not helped and even with cheap ticketprices - which is what they are already - then a price reduction may not be that beneficial. But it may help.

But I doubt dropping ticket prices will have any discernible impact on that attendance anyway.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one. I see what you are saying but I don't think that we should be dropping ticket prices still further. As you say, they are already cheap so why drop them further ? Just because people pay for the ticket is no guarantee that they will actually attend games. And I think that people will pay even increased prices for next season given they are more confident in the Custodians to not squander the funds.

With the right leaders at the helm, a decent coach and willing players, we will IMHO attract people in the region of 30k+ regularly. Those who starved the board this season will want to see "their" Rangers again, the "where" might not matter that much. Likewise, starving the SP(F)L of the Blue Pound for another year wouldn't go amiss in some of our quarters. They did what the did on purpose, voted for x-mas and shall reap the rewards.

Nonetheless, we all have seen this before. That is: a new manager and a few new faces coming in, there's a spring in every step and things suddenly start rolling. The summer's transfer window might very well see wholesale changes in the playing squad and with a bit of luck we'll have a decent squad ready to fight for trophies next campaign. I doubt Hearts pay their Dutchman 7k a week and "their market" is good enough for us. I reckon you can get quite a few decent freebies with wages from 2 - 5k max., plus some loans. The latter might be e.g. Magath's to look for and after. At the end of the day, we will still be playing in Scotland and opposition should be - on face value - beatable.* We sure have to be patient again, it will not be easy, but the 4 years McDowall envisages are IMHO somewhat off the mark, unless he and others look at European glory.

*Yep, people will point at our team right now. Yet, this season was an anomaly at best, for various reasons. Likewise, Hearts have shown how you can do it within essentially one-and-a-half year.

Edited by der Berliner

We don't look like finishing 2nd in the Championship, never mind the premiership....

But won't the reasons behind that quickly change now? We were pretty solid in second place before Ally resigned and the boycott started, and that was WITH the sickness of our troubles with the board and the poor relationship with the fans.

There's so many congratulating themselves on how they saw it all coming but have been totally missing this part which was under their nose for over three years.

We'll also have half a new squad for the Premiership and our current squad was already capable of beating three Premiership sides, despite all the goings on.

smith did it by taking us from 6 million in debt to 49 million

I don't think that is true, it's Advocaat that took us way into the red - and included stadium expansion/renewal and Murray Park.

and buying 4 million pound players.

That's the point. That's what puts us above the rest of the league, we could afford this. However, times have changed and while prices and wages ave gone up massively for the best players, we're no longer in that arena of income due to TV money. However, we will still be as relatively richer that all but one club.

souness bought half the england squad.

Again, that's the point. We had the financial clout to do it and turn it around.

stein and wallace were 40 years ago.

Can't see how that makes it irrelevant without qualification.

oneil took advantage of a weak rangers and i expect had comfortably scotlands biggest budget.

Again that's the point. We will be back into the top two biggest budgets and hopefully have a reasonably high class manager with matching coaching and scouting teams.

as i say 100 million or 10 years.

I don't get what you're saying here. If we spend nothing it will take forever not 10 years. 100m? That should be twice our turnover in a few years.

To get to where Celtic are, we basically need to spend as much as them or as near as but with better value. To get second we'd just need to outspend the likes of Aberdeen by say double.

It's hard to put a number on what we'll need as it all needs qualified about what you're spending it on. I don't think King et al would be so confident about what they are saying without having an idea how much they need and how much they can raise but a lot of it will be based on a team in the Premiership, with nearly full Ibrox charging top prices, with at least two home games against Celtic to boost the season ticket numbers.

With Rangers back in the top tier, TV money, sponsorship and prize money will increase dramatically.

We can easily be as financially as strong as Celtic in a short time - bar the merchandise money till we exorcise Ashley. All we need is money to bridge the current gap in paying off loans (although we can live with some alternative debt to benign creditors), doing the necessary maintenance, hiring a manager and backroom staff, and putting together a squad to rival Celtic's.

I think that would take about £50m over a couple of years and I think we have the people to provide it.