Kenny McDowall - No quick fix

Our incomes are incredibly low because green gave them away. We are over 5 million in debt. The stadium needs 6 million spending on it. We have no scouts no manager no coaches not one player of the requisite quality.

You want to give us your estimates

I don't think competing in the SPL would cost much at all. Celtic are the only team in Scotland that spend anything on transfer fees and even they do it rarely now. Out with Celtic the majority of teams are made up of home grown players and bottom end freebies from the English lower leagues/abroad. With a decent manager we should definitely be able to hold our own without pushing the boat out, even if we need to assemble a whole new team.

Challenging for the SPL though is a whole different ball game. Celtic might be at their worst since the they were finishing below Motherwell in the 90's but they're miles ahead of us in every department and position.

Our incomes are incredibly low because green gave them away. We are over 5 million in debt. The stadium needs 6 million spending on it. We have no scouts no manager no coaches not one player of the requisite quality.

You want to give us your estimates

And of course there is no money coming in for the next 5 years. Are all the contracts legal, do we know that yet? Lets get all the facts and figures before writing the doomsday book. I also think there will always be repairs needed at ibrox so that is an ongoing cost that will always be there and doesn't need to be done all at once. Rome wasn't built in a day and yes some things will take 10 years but that does not mean the football team can't be competitive in that time. You are just looking at everything Black. Including the Newcastle players.

I don't think competing in the SPL would cost much at all. Celtic are the only team in Scotland that spend anything on transfer fees and even they do it rarely now. Out with Celtic the majority of teams are made up of home grown players and bottom end freebies from the English lower leagues/abroad. With a decent manager we should definitely be able to hold our own without pushing the boat out, even if we need to assemble a whole new team.

Challenging for the SPL though is a whole different ball game. Celtic might be at their worst since the they were finishing below Motherwell in the 90's but they're miles ahead of us in every department and position.

A decent manager who's careful with the chequebook and we could be beating tic within the year. Not saying we'll win the league cause no doubt we'll slip up against 'weaker' teams, but this tic team is definitely not something to write home about.

Building an infrastructure does take time and we should be patient in that respect.

However, Hearts and Hibs have shown it can be down in reasonably short order and low expense so five years is over-stating it to some degree. Yes it may take five years before we're profitable (or even breaking even) again but with the right football operation (manager, coach, scout, players) then the time-frame for us being competitive should be shorter.

Easier said than done though.

We would need to triple our player wage bill. A wage bill we can't afford right now.

It can be done quickly or affordably but not both.

And of course there is no money coming in for the next 5 years. Are all the contracts legal, do we know that yet? Lets get all the facts and figures before writing the doomsday book. I also think there will always be repairs needed at ibrox so that is an ongoing cost that will always be there and doesn't need to be done all at once. Rome wasn't built in a day and yes some things will take 10 years but that does not mean the football team can't be competitive in that time. You are just looking at everything Black. Including the Newcastle players.

If the contracts aren't legal then you can chop years off.

If, as expected, we are the Championship again next season, then we must try and turn this into a positive by ensuring our players are drilled week in week out to perform at a high level so that they are prepared for when we do go up next season.

Next season, keep ticket prices at a reasonable level - reduce them if possible - fill the stadium as much as possible and start to creat a more positive atmos at games. This can also be helped by performances on the pitch.

Edited by MoodyBlue

If, as expected, we are the Championship again next season, then we must try and turn this into a positive by ensuring our players are drilled week in week out to perform at a high level so that they are prepared for when we do go up next season.

Next season, keep ticket prices at a reasonable level - reduce them if possible - fill the stadium as much as possible and start to creat a more positive atmos at games. This can also be helped by performances on the pitch.

I think the returning fans will help put the heat on them that they arent hearing too much of right now in the stadium. Dont get me wrong, the fans have been vocal, but there's nothing like the 50K pressure chamber of a full Ibrox.

Kenny McDowall in talking shite shocker.

It's embarrassing everytime this simpleton opens his mouth.

It would befit a Rangers supporter not to hurl that kind of abuse at a Rangers employee. Certain people have dragged our name deep enough into the gutter, McDowall ain't one of them. He is not up to his job(s) at Ibrox, but "simpletons" do not end up there in the first place. I doubt that you can fly a Harrier jump jet, but I would not call you a simpleton if you fail when trying.

It would befit a Rangers supporter not to hurl that kind of abuse at a Rangers employee. Certain people have dragged our name deep enough into the gutter, McDowall ain't one of them. He is not up to his job(s) at Ibrox, but "simpletons" do not end up there in the first place. I doubt that you can fly a Harrier jump jet, but I would not call you a simpleton if you fail when trying.

Well said dB.

Can I remind everyone to temper their criticisms of club staff? There's no doubt McDowell isn't the right man in charge (by his own admission) so there's no point in being OTT in our reference to him.