NOMAD Resigns

Chris Jack@Chris_Jack89 8m8 minutes ago

Dave King on Nomad decision: 'reinforces why there was a complete lack of governance and transparency under its watch.

Paul Murray will act as interim chairman as regulators are 'given time to complete the necessary due diligence' on DK before he assumes role

DK: 'The GM is not affected by the suspension. The new board will proceed to ensure that the listing is resumed as soon as possible.'

"Nobody from WH Ireland was available to comment. Rangers now have 30 days to appoint another Nomad and convince the AIM market that the directors – perhaps including King – are fit and proper people to be in charge of the club.

If the AIM regulators do not accept a new Nomad or are not persuaded that the composition of the new board meets their criteria, Rangers' shares will become delisted and will only be available for trading privately. King has stated repeatedly that he will install a new Nomad and that he is confident that he will pass the tests required by AIM and also the Scottish Football Association."

I'm no expert but has this been another tactical move by Ashley's crowd - gambling that AIM will not accept King? Although I'm not sure how it saves their skin in any way. Is it just another 'booby trap' being laid as part of their exit, as Keiron Prior put it?

Dave King says he will delay becoming director of #Rangers until due diligence is carried out by regulators. Paul Murray to be interim chair

Dave King says those who attend Fridays AGM should do so with 'the calmness and the dignity that is befitting of this great club.'

"Nobody from WH Ireland was available to comment. Rangers now have 30 days to appoint another Nomad and convince the AIM market that the directors – perhaps including King – are fit and proper people to be in charge of the club.

If the AIM regulators do not accept a new Nomad or are not persuaded that the composition of the new board meets their criteria, Rangers' shares will become delisted and will only be available for trading privately. King has stated repeatedly that he will install a new Nomad and that he is confident that he will pass the tests required by AIM and also the Scottish Football Association."

I'm no expert but has this been another tactical move by Ashley's crowd - gambling that AIM will not accept King? Although I'm not sure how it saves their skin in any way. Is it just another 'booby trap' being laid as part of their exit, as Keiron Prior put it?

Wont make much of a difference. If King is deemed not fit and proper he simply doesn't sit on the Board. I would be very surprised if King hasn't already at least worked on a "Plan B" in the event he isn't accepted as fit and proper. He could always install one of his family on the Board who could always ask his advice over the dinner table :P

Wont make much of a difference. If King is deemed not fit and proper he simply doesn't sit on the Board. I would be very surprised if King hasn't already at least worked on a "Plan B" in the event he isn't accepted as fit and proper. He could always install one of his family on the Board who could always ask his advice over the dinner table :P

Sandy Easdale was also not on the board but made most of the decisions before the Ashely henchmen took over.