Chris Graham Twitter problem

You know that for sure do you?

Not this again - no I don't know for sure.

But my faith in our new Board indicates to me that they will see this for what it is - a storm in a tea cup that has been dragged up in a witchhunt by ****s, mhedia and some of 'our own' who threatened that they would get CG off the board by hook or by crook if he were ever appointed.

Musilm leaders not happy ?? what are they ever happy about when it comes to our country and our way of doing things ??!!

But my faith in our new Board indicates to me that they will see this for what it is - a storm in a tea cup that has been dragged up in a witchhunt by ****s, mhedia and some of 'our own' who threatened that they would get CG off the board by hook or by crook if he were ever appointed.

Musilm leaders not happy ?? what are they ever happy about when it comes to our country and our way of doing things ??!!

For example?

He might stay, but bear in mind Murray and King were part of a board previously that didn't make a habit of standing up for our club against the media forces, I just think you should perhaps prepare yourself for disappointment. I could be wrong.

Very true about the Muslim leaders.

I've got as long as you need. Carry on.

So you are trying to say that musilims in the 'west' / UK are totally content with how we do things and what our cultures involve ? And that mulslims generally integrate well into UK society ?

For the record, I'd say the vast majority of people in the UK would have absolutely no problem and not be offended in the slightest with what CG re-tweeted to that c.unt Choudry.

What we have here is timothy, a rhat infested Scottish mhedia and some bitter, bitter Rangers fans on a witchhunt against Chis Graham.

So you are trying to say that musilims in the 'west' / UK are totally content with how we do things and what our cultures involve ? And that mulslims generally integrate well into UK society ?

For the record, I'd say the vast majority of people in the UK would have absolutely no problem and not be offended in the slightest with what CG re-tweeted to that c.unt Choudry.

What we have here is timothy, a rhat infested Scottish mhedia and some bitter, bitter Rangers fans on a witchhunt against Chis Graham.

You haven't answered the question.

You said "Musilm leaders not happy ?? what are they ever happy about when it comes to our country and our way of doing things ??!!"

If Muslim leaders are never happy with "our country and our way of doing things", I'd be interested to see examples of this. What are these ways of doing things that they are perpetually unhappy about? (We'll ignore the fact that this is also their country for the moment.)

For the record, and speaking as someone who would consider themselves instinctively pro-Muslim in any debate on the subject, I agree with your other points - particularly the last one.

You haven't answered the question.

You said "Musilm leaders not happy ?? what are they ever happy about when it comes to our country and our way of doing things ??!!"

If Muslim leaders are never happy with "our country and our way of doing things", I'd be interested to see examples of this. What are these ways of doing things that they are perpetually unhappy about? (We'll ignore the fact that this is also their country for the moment.)

For the record, and speaking as someone who would consider themselves instinctively pro-Muslim in any debate on the subject, I agree with your other points - particularly the last one.

Mate - I think the 'examples' are all around us and are reported in news outlets every day of our lives. Over the past 10-15 years the amount of 'muslim' related news items have increased dramatically and has started to dominate. Why is this ? - Because there are so many problems with the amount of immigrattion we have and so many problems we have with 'integration'. Look at Leicester, Bradford, Luton, Birmingham, parts of Manchester, London, etc. etc. ect. Huge social problems related to the mulsim community. To deny that would be absurd.

BH, everything you say on this matter is coloured by your obvious dislike of CG and for that reason, I'm going to ignore your final sentence. I suspect that had someone you like sent that tweet you'd be taking the opposite standpoint.

I've already answered the points you raise elsewhere, but I'll reiterate. CG was attacking a philosophy, belief system and mode of behaviour which are regarded as reprehensible by Western democratic societies. He was doing so by using that very thing which Chaudery would see banned - an offensive cartoon; the sort of thing that caused the deaths of the people at Charlie Hebdo. That is an acceptable form of philosophical and political discourse.

No-one other that Chaudery was being attacked. Anyone who is on Chaudrey's twitter feed in support of his rancid ideas and who viewed the cartoon has no right to be offended. Any normal Muslim who was on his feed just to keep an eye on what rubbish he's promulgating now will be more offended by the shit he spews than by this cartoon. I would imagine, however, that very few normal Muslims will go anywhere near this slug. In short CG's retweeting is "allowable offensiveness".

That kind of offensiveness is allowable at all times - because it is our right. Whether is is wise at all times is a different matter.

It's a fact that I don't like Mr Graham so I appreciate you taking time to restate your viewpoint.

I understand why you say his re-tweet was "allowable offensiveness" but I disagree for one particular reason. I don't think that Mr Graham is a stupid person and therefore I'm going to credit him with the intelligence to know that even if the message was solely directed at Mr Choudray, it would be read, disseminated and understood for what it was by the wider community and not just Muslims I might add.

I don't know whether the message was sent before or after he was co-opted on to the Board of the RST and became their spokesperson but I think I am right in saying that he has been writing (for) the Rangers Standard for some time and has been regarded in the written and broadcast media as some kind of fan's leader or spokesperson as part of the UoF or whatever. Whether he thrust himself into that role or it was thrust upon him, I don't know and care less, but there is no question that he was and until the last two days at least, high profile.

Such a person, as I know well, has to be very careful what they say and do in public and these days that extends to so called social media.

I stand by my view therefore that it was a silly, childish, ill-considered and deliberately offensive (we agree on that at least) thing to do. I am quite sure he could have made the point to Mr Choudray without using that particular cartoon. I see we also agree that it may not have been the wisest thing to do.

I don't think that a fan's representative should be behaving in that way, because even if your view is correct, which I don't concede; it is clearly controversial and divisive at a time when that is the last thing we need. Yes it was made in the past but the not too distant past and quite why he didn't just apologise and be done with it is beyond me.

No doubt we'll hear more in early course.

Mate - I think the 'examples' are all around us and are reported in news outlets every day of our lives. Over the past 10-15 years the amount of 'muslim' related news items have increased dramatically and has started to dominate. Why is this ? - Because there are so many problems with the amount of immigrattion we have and so many problems we have with 'integration'. Look at Leicester, Bradford, Luton, Birmingham, parts of Manchester, London, etc. etc. ect. Huge social problems related to the mulsim community. To deny that would be absurd.

equally, look at areas of Glasgow, edinburgh and Dundee where there are huge social problems related to the white 'christian' community. To deny that would be absurd.

The problems people face in those areas are problems of poverty and social mobility, not of religion.

If you are going to make sweeping statements such as "Musilm leaders not happy ?? what are they ever happy about when it comes to our country and our way of doing things ??!!" you really should have some evidence to back them up. Except you can't have, because there is none.

It would seem that your antipathy towards 'Muslims' is based on biased, loaded reporting by the MSM and not personal experience since we don't have problems with large amounts of Muslim immigrants in Scotland, nor is there a problem of integration here.

The increase in 'Muslim related news' over the past decade and a half is partly agenda-driven by the MSM (or do you think they only do it to Rangers?) and partly because we have been engaged in an illegal war in (Muslim) Iraq and an occupation in (Muslim) Afghanistan and have stood idly by whilst Israel has carried out two genocidal attacks on civilians (Muslim & Christian) Gaza and commits war crimes and illegal land theft every day in the (Muslim & Christian) West Bank.