Lafferty - Bring Me Back To Rangers

Haha, think that would be defined as more of a nightmare than a dream!

The only players I want to see back at Ibrox, is the ones who have advanced into coaching roles and are able to help develop our current crop.

Super Ally? :D

As much as I love Super Ally the player, he doesnt fit into the last part of my post. ;)

Lafferty was capable of scoring important goals and being a real handful in attack.

Unfortunately, he did this 3 or 4 times a season which wasn't enough then and isn't enough now. Not when you consider the baggage and expense.

As noted above, he performed only sporadically. Some memorable goals but more frequent were absolute stinkers. Add to that some of his on and off-field behaviour and th only sensible conclusion is to keep him the hell away from Ibrox unless he's bought a ticket

There are only a very few players that taking back would enhance the club in the long term.

Lewis McLeod being one. I'd also take McGregor back on reasonable wages.

Scoring barely a handful of goals a season isn't doing the business when it matters. A season isn't just made up of a few games at the end of it. The guy is absolutely useless.

See, I agree with all of your post.... until you get to the totally expected negative superlatives.

"Absolutely useless" - you do fully understand what you are saying there, right ? His game winning goals mean he is absolutely useless ? His contribution to a title win was absolutely useless ?

You could have selected far better, and more accurate, terminology than "absolutely useless". How about "flatters to deceive", "Not prolific" or even "not a very good footballer" - all of which would make sense - but "absolutely useless" just isn't true (and I say that as someone who would like to call Lafferty just that.... except he isn't, or wasn't for us at least - he made his contribution which, by definition, means he wasn't absolutely useless).