I'm sure I read/heard that King wasn't planning on bank-rolling the club, certainly on an ongoing basis. He wants the club to bank-roll itself.

That's exactly the way it should be, it shouldn't matter who the figurehead of the board is if the business is run correctly

Anya was born in Scotland but he was developed elsewhere - Spain! Rather than splashing out on players with money we are never going to have, I would prefer we looked at our own development process and how we could improve it to a Spanish level. Its unlikely that we could buy a player like Anya now but it is not impossible for us to produce our own. It requires investment in infrastructure and a long term vision. I'm not sure many - if any - in Scotland actually have that. We'd also need a Sporting Director to oversee it all.

(I think perhaps my vision has surpassed the scope of this thread!)

Celtic have a decent infrastructure. Though they have sold just about all their decent players off and are left with a very weak squad. Dundee United seem to be doing well at bringing through younger players and profiting from them too.

I agree with your general point though, your vision should go without saying. We need to be overhauling our non existent infrastructure, investing in coaching, scouting, youth development etc. Bringing through our own players and finding bargains elsewhere, particularly abroad where the standard is much superior.

It's slightly concerning we have fans who seem to still think we can just go back to splashing the cash on players we can't begin to afford.

The fee for signing Championship players shouldn't be a problem if we gain promotion its the wages that are a massive issue. Teams like Derby, Norwich, Middlesboro can offer far more even if they don't go up the Premier League.

The 3 players mentioned above Anya, Aluko and Weiss would be a breath of fresh air compared to our squad but its a shame to say we are a million miles off getting them at this stage yet I wouldn't rule them out in the future.

Championship players often go for a fortune.

Another thought: I'm not sure I want King bankrolling us. It would be a huge expenditure every 5-10 years. That's no way to run a club. We need a sustainable model based on Youth development. Why can't King or Murray take a wee trip to Ajax or Barcelona, see how they do it and implement it her. The whole Scottish football culture is out of date. It's about time we started to get with the times.

(I don't know where these rants are coming from?!)

you don't even need to travel to see it done. The European Coaches Association (ECA) published a document late last year which looked at youth academies in Europe (Arsenal, Bayern, Barcelona, Ajax and a few others) and it detailed the annual cost, the philosophy of each club, training methods, what they did for education etc - was an excellent read in my opinion. Much could be learned from even just that document.

First hand experience is always preferable obviously but that would be a start :D

Believe it or not, there is a Boys Club team from Scotland (almost all their players signed Youth contracts for Rangers) who went over to Spain (Barcelona) and won the tournament with Spanish pro sides involved (cant tell you if the big boys were there or not though). The problem seems to be when they hit older age groups.

I deal with reality, not lalaland. If you think we're going to go and splash a fortune on Premiership, Championship and high earning foreigners then you will be disappointed.

I don't think I said we would be paying high transfers for premiership players but not having the resources to beat Motherwell Falkirk and other such teams to get us locked in the Scottish Championship is just looking at the underside of the glass and certainly not a certain reality. There really are quiet a lot of positive things about supporting Rangers it is not all doom and gloom. You just have to be open to positivity it makes you see the whole world in a better light. It is better to be nearer Lalaland than Nanaland.

Maybe you could change your poster name to the Undertaker.;)3

I don't think I said we would be paying high transfers for premiership players but not having the resources to beat Motherwell Falkirk and other such teams to get us locked in the Scottish Championship is just looking at the underside of the glass and certainly not a certain reality. There really are quiet a lot of positive things about supporting Rangers it is not all doom and gloom. You just have to be open to positivity it makes you see the whole world in a better light. It is better to be nearer Lalaland than Nanaland.

Maybe you could change your poster name to the Undertaker.;)3

Where did I say that?