Sports Direct take Mark Dingwall to court

At the very least I expect the same transparency, democracy and respect from FF and Dingwall that he demands of the Rangers board, media, SFA, Ashley etc .....

There is no point claiming the moral highground only for ones own behaviour to fall short of the mark.

Banning people from a forum or worse for providing an alternative opinion is not democratic and is symptomatic of a lack of integrity, intellect, and of deep-rooted psychological problems.

Why on earth would you expect the same transparency, democracy and respect from FF and Dingwall? Is Follow Follow run by a plc?

For a shareholder to ask a company to live up to certain obligations is hardly taking the moral highground.

Not sure why anyone expects a website to be run democratically. I don't think that this place is a democracy and it works fine.

Edit: I should also add that it is, perhaps, symptomatic of a lack of integrity for us to enjoy a fair level of anonymity and then ask for transparency.

Edited by ranger_syntax

Expect transparency and democracy from a forum? Maybe not.

Respect, YES.

Banning folks for little or no reason does make them a little miffed to say the least.It causes resentment.

Hence the apparent lack of empathy!!

At the very least I expect the same transparency, democracy and respect from FF and Dingwall that he demands of the Rangers board, media, SFA, Ashley etc .....

There is no point claiming the moral highground only for ones own behaviour to fall short of the mark.

Banning people from a forum or worse for providing an alternative opinion is not democratic and is symptomatic of a lack of integrity, intellect, and of deep-rooted psychological problems.

Getting a bit carried away here over an internet forum - also he does not personally make the decision on all banning from FF. So does everyone who is a mod there have "deep rooted psychological problems", does every mod who has ever banned anyone from any site for "having an alternative opinion" have "deep rooted psychological problems" or are they just volunteers doing a rotten job the way they see fit? "not democratic" - I am only a member of 6 forums but none of them are democratic, none claim to be and none could function were they to try to be so.

Been banned twice from FF, btw, once for being suspected as a tim (I think I was rubbishing Green at the time and saying he was a liar), the other for giving Leggat stick over attacking fellow fans in his puerile blog.

Edited by SteveC

Well i am certainly not going to drag MD name through the gutter on this forum but from banning there are other things that have gone on over the years. .....allegations of hacking and more which are simply unacceptable.....

I am simply not going into any more because it s not right on this forum but sorry if you wish to be a figurehead for the club or support i expext someone of the utmost integrity and someone who is grounded.

And that has exactly WHAT to do with what he did with regard to Sports Direct and Rangers?

On a sidenote, there are roughly 80k members over on FF and still I doubt that the admins over there swing the hatchet as happily as is portrayed here. Not least by those banned.

Banning people from airing a rational,legal, polite opinion that differs from others is not acceptable. That is something else.