Sports Direct take Mark Dingwall to court

here's someone who wants to talk to SD shareholders regarding zero hour contracts (admirable in it's own right) and the contracts manipulated by Ashley's placemen on Rangers board, and people are criticising. In fact the sickening abuse going on elsewhere makes me wonder what exactly is behind these continuing attacks on fellow fans and fans organisations.

It's nothing to do with whether the cause is worthy I am just contemplating whether he will get the financial support that he is appealing for. I take it all the people on here that have shown support have made a generous financial contribution to his fighting fund in line with their outrage at SD and MA? If that is the case then my original statement will indeed be correct.

why is it nothing to do with the cause being worthy ?

Maybe some who have been licking the various boards arses would rather a fellow fan, fighting for our club, ends up ripped off by a capitalist juggernaught

why is it nothing to do with the cause being worthy ?

Maybe some who have been licking the various boards arses would rather a fellow fan, fighting for our club, ends up ripped off by a capitalist juggernaught

my original comment was about whether he would get the required financial support to fight this not about whether the cause was worthy. I am replying to comments on my post so it would make sense for me to keep these relevant... think before you leap in.....

It's in the Judge's discretion. A half decent beak would say ok, here's your order but you can whistle for your costs.

The best advice for MD is to say I'll withdraw my request and you withdraw your Court application and cheerio.

If they are confident of their case, that won't happen,

What this does add though, is another dig at MA/SD from a Rangers background. I'm sure MA won't bother that much but whether he cares or not he now MUST know that we, Rangers fans, aren't the walkover that he currently has with Newcastle.

my original comment was about whether he would get the required financial support to fight this

No it wasn't - "I'm sure the well loved Mark will get huge financial support from across the cyber community to fight this particular fight" - it was a sarcastic personal dig at MD. To polish it up otherwise is just lies.

No it wasn't - "I'm sure the well loved Mark will get huge financial support from across the cyber community to fight this particular fight" - it was a sarcastic personal dig at MD. To polish it up otherwise is just lies.

do you think he will be supported financially ? will you?

It's a great idea but the wrong person doing it. That's not meant as a slight to Mr Dingwall who've I've never met, simply that his profile is too high. I really don't think Ashley's lawyers will have a lot of difficulty convincing a judge that letting the owner of Follow Follow have a full list of SD shareholders might constitute a potential threat to them.

Now I don't think for two seconds it actually does, but finding a series of posts from some unhinged or simply angry poster on FF to demonstrate shouldn't be that hard and a home counties judge might agree they constitute a potential threat.

Had he got someone 'unknown' to do this it might have got a bit further. Shame, as it's a really good idea.