Sports Direct take Mark Dingwall to court

i'm sure the well loved Mark will get huge financial support from across the cyber community to fight this particular fight

I'm not Mark's greatest fan but I reckon that is a wee bit unfair. I don't think personalities should come into it. If it was any normal punter I reckon it would be seen as an admirable cause, and I think it should be seen that way regardless, if it is for the better good of the Club and fans.

Given that this is rather a passive thing, reading the headline makes you think that SD are going to sue Dingwall. Hence, it is "a bit" misleading.

They are suing him for costs, so you're being a bit pernickety on this occasion.

The same day Sport Direct lawyers made an application to the Companies Court in London seeking the following -

1/ That the Claimant shall not comply with the request of Mr Mark DIngwall by letter dated 3 February 2015 for a a copy of the Claimant’s register of members.

2/ That they “shall not comply with any future request (whether made by Mark Dingwall or any other person) to inspect the Claimant’s register of members or for a copy of that register where the only purpose given for the request is to enable members to be contacted, without identifying the subject matter and purpose of such contact:

3/ Mark Dingwall do pay the Claimant’s costs, such costs to be assessed if not agreed.

The hearing is set for 11.30 on 14th April.

Given that this is rather a passive thing, reading the headline makes you think that SD are going to sue Dingwall. Hence, it is "a bit" misleading.

Ok, whatever you say.

i'm sure the well loved Mark will get huge financial support from across the cyber community to fight this particular fight

here's someone who wants to talk to SD shareholders regarding zero hour contracts (admirable in it's own right) and the contracts manipulated by Ashley's placemen on Rangers board, and people are criticising. In fact the sickening abuse going on elsewhere makes me wonder what exactly is behind these continuing attacks on fellow fans and fans organisations.

Edited by colinstein

Costs are incidental to the order sought. MD would only be liable in the event of him unsuccessfully opposing the application.

Sounds like he'd be liable even if he was to agree with the application.

Edited by Bluedell

It's in the Judge's discretion. A half decent beak would say ok, here's your order but you can whistle for your costs.

The best advice for MD is to say I'll withdraw my request and you withdraw your Court application and cheerio.