Lovenkrands scores 2 Schalke go top

Just watched Schalke- Werder Bremen and Lovenkrands was immense. Scored 2 and just missed the hat-trick by hitting the side net. The old adage is true give Rangers a good player an we will ruin him.:sigh: Schalke sprung over Werder to go top with Bayern 11 points behind i believe.

I will say Shalke sucked Werder onto the sword by staying compact and breaking with speed which suited Lovenkrands. With Rangers we were pressing most of the time and Lovenkrands is less in a small area.

Id of kept him and always said play him through the middle. He would have made an ideal partner fo Boyd as he would have done all the chasing

I would have preferred to see him stay too - but he wasn't worth the cash he was looking for !

As i said the bottom line is we do not play the game that suits him most. He is far more suited to a counter-attacking team. His goals yesterday were quick counters and breaking from his own half.We mostly have teams pushed back in there own half so he only has 20 yards to get past his defender and he is not a dribbler,(well with a ball anyway) he needs room to get up to speed and not from a standing start. He also does not have the ball control to recieve it with a player at his back. I think Boyd will score far more than Lovenkrands would have as he is a real poacher\goalscorer so i don't think we could have offered him a guaranteed start. I would rather have a player that is a bit smarter and can cross a ball rather than Lovenkrands to be honest even if he is a touch slower..

Id of kept him and always said play him through the middle. He would have made an ideal partner fo Boyd as he would have done all the chasing

Gribz, when I'm apponted as Walter's successor, you can be my assistant.:thup: