People said the same when I said weiss was going to stop us winning the league. In came Wylde and our results improved.

Even though Wylde isn't as good a player.

We will see. An injury rescued us from weiss though he was benched on his return.

It's crunch time for Stuart.

People said the same when I said weiss was going to stop us winning the league. In came Wylde and our results improved.

Even though Wylde isn't as good a player.

We will see. An injury rescued us from weiss though he was benched on his return.

It's crunch time for Stuart.

Again, that doesn't mean we wouldn't have won the league with Weiss in the team. A single player, unless someone as good as Messi, or as bad as Ostenstad, will make all the difference on their own. You are completely ignoring the contributions of TEN other players so as to get your justification to fit.

I have been clear that I don't agree with you on his laziness. He doesn't track back all the time but I don't think that this is necessarily his fault, it looks to me as if the manager isnt asking him to track back all the time - on Sunday past he wasn't playing in wide midfield, least not from what I saw, but was playing more of a free role. And you could see that the effort put forth by Law made up for any time Vuckic didn't track back - the reality here though is that most of the time when he doesn't track back it is because he has been the driving force of our forward progression and creativity.

Gazza didn't track back swiftly every time he went forward to try to help creatively. He left McCall to pressure the ball, move opposition out of dangerous areas and win the ball back. Much the same as what was tasked of Murdoch on Sunday.

Either way, you won't be moved on your assertion. It is, though, indicative the number of people who disagree with you and how the number of people who agree with you has dwindled. Doesn't mean you are wrong (even though you are..... :P) but I admire your entrenched opinion.

But..... without Vuckic where is our creativity going to come from ?

Again, that doesn't mean we wouldn't have won the league with Weiss in the team. A single player, unless someone as good as Messi, or as bad as Ostenstad, will make all the difference on their own. You are completely ignoring the contributions of TEN other players so as to get your justification to fit.

I have been clear that I don't agree with you on his laziness. He doesn't track back all the time but I don't think that this is necessarily his fault, it looks to me as if the manager isnt asking him to track back all the time - on Sunday past he wasn't playing in wide midfield, least not from what I saw, but was playing more of a free role. And you could see that the effort put forth by Law made up for any time Vuckic didn't track back - the reality here though is that most of the time when he doesn't track back it is because he has been the driving force of our forward progression and creativity.

Gazza didn't track back swiftly every time he went forward to try to help creatively. He left McCall to pressure the ball, move opposition out of dangerous areas and win the ball back. Much the same as what was tasked of Murdoch on Sunday.

Either way, you won't be moved on your assertion. It is, though, indicative the number of people who disagree with you and how the number of people who agree with you has dwindled. Doesn't mean you are wrong (even though you are..... :P) but I admire your entrenched opinion.

But..... without Vuckic where is our creativity going to come from ?

Our results improved from the second weiss dropped out. You can speculate about why but it was patently obvious watching the team why. We were more solid had more of the ball so created as much and more and conceded less.

We couldn't even beat a 10 man Celtc until wylde came in forcing their defense and especially full backs backwards.

What happened happened. What might have been is hard to be sure of.

I don't expect we will see Vuckic in midfield again this season and we will see if our results improve as a result.

As ever I'm not necessarily saying drop him. Just play him where he won't affect us when we don't have the ball. Minimum 9 men behind him.

I said weeks ago if we drop him our results would improve. Okay he was injured not dropped but they did.

I said they would regress with him back and they did.

I could understand people arguing with me if I had been wrong.

Now I'm saying it would be a mistake to play him in midfield going forwards.

Whether playing him up front will work I have no idea but it would be hard to be worse than our strikers.

If it's the manager telling him not to track back that's the second manager in a row doing it. I utterly reject the notion. It's no coincidence he hasn't played wide mid or really mid at all in the last 2 games.

Edited by the gunslinger

We couldn't even beat a 10 man Celtc until wylde came in forcing their defense and especially full backs backwards.

Different games, different players, different venues ... and Wylde sure did not change the entire flow so much that it was him and him alone that got us the win. He gave us another dimension in that game. Perhaps he had the game of his life there and then, I also remember Hutton being a good chap once in the CL against ManU! That all doesn't exactly tell us how good or bad one player was or what his impact was. Nor that we can judge him against a better all round player like Vuckic. I for one would be stretched to tell how good Wylde was at the tracking back you seem to endear so much, though I could verfiy that by watching e.g. our 5-1 mauling of Killie again. Sometime in the football-less summer.

I actually agree that Vuckic shouldn't play wide-midfield, but not for the not-tracking-back accusation. I don't think it necessarily matters whether a wide-midfielder tracks-back if we have three in midfield because there will be cover; in a 4-4-2 wide-players tracking-back is a must (Man City really suffered as a result). Nevertheless, I think Vuckic is most effective when he's further up the pitch, so, for me, he must play off a striker, or at the tip of a diamond; at the very least in the attacking third (LW, RW, AM, SS). I'd like to see him more central, perhaps even in a midfield three, with a free-er role. Shiels suffered out wide but has been a lot better since being played in central midfield.

I believe he actually started his career as a out-and-out Striker. Perhaps we should try him up front?

I liked Vuckic's role on Sunday. A fulcrum up front and lots of balls going through him and into space created by his footwork.

He was really unlucky not to be on the score sheet as well. The Queens goalie Zander Clark kept some superb efforts from Vuckic out of the net and essentially kept QoS in the game.

I liked Vuckic's role on Sunday. A fulcrum up front and lots of balls going through him and into space created by his footwork.

A sort of target man but not laying off long balls.

When he is up front he holds the ball up superbly well while waiting on support from midfield.