Daily Record back page - Amo Makes Me Sick

Ach well, the DR took their time to publish the book ... and rest assured, you do not exactly want to read a book on certain players written by my well-esteemed fellow gersnetters, nor me for that matter.

Edited by der Berliner

FWIW, I was working at Ibrox at the time and had frequent dealings with Amoruso, in which he always behaved with class and integrity (and not only because he gave me comps). The stuff about talking to Rino's may have some basis in truth, but that was only because Amo saw Rino as a daft wee laddie - which he was a the time; forever getting speeding tickets and spending money like it was going out of fashion. ( Gazza actually cut up his credit cards and flushed them down the toilet - and when Gazza is telling you that you're going too far, then you know something is not right). Amo had a younger brother of about the same age as Rino and imho anything he did regarding Gattuso was done like an older brother looking out for the kid. Add to that, he was also club captain and saw it as his job to watch out for the youngsters.

I can't go into detail, but trust me when I say that I wouldn't trust a word Negri or his girlfriend said about anything. The supermarket story where she would expect someone else to pay for her stuff rings very, very true.

Read that part again....... Negri says AMORUSO'S girlfriend had to pay for her own stuff - he doesn't complain about his own girlfriend paying for her own stuff....

Amazing sometimes how we read what we want to read and not what is actually in type.....

Negri comes out of this article looking as bad as Amo.

I met him recently and he told me he had been very immature during that time and that what happened when he was at Rangers had been the biggest regret of his career and he would love to chance to to redo the decisions he made back then. He struck me as a genuine and sincere guy.

Read that part again....... Negri says AMORUSO'S girlfriend had to pay for her own stuff - he doesn't complain about his own girlfriend paying for her own stuff....

Amazing sometimes how we read what we want to read and not what is actually in type.....

fair point - I was getting ahead of myself there, but anyone who knew Negri's girlfriend would excuse my hastiness.