Absolutely essential we get the right manager in for next season

Not for me. Done pretty miserably at club level and is as arrogant as they come.

Agreed -- A bit of a nutcase. His record at club level is abysmal. I think he only has one way of playing: Forest were quite good early in the season, but as soon as sides figured them out they dropped significantly, and he couldn't adapt. He's an old-school manager, which I think is fast becoming out-of-date.

Point is, if we have 15 boarders on here, we'll probably have 10 different opinions on who is "the best" option.

Of course, everyone has a different opinion as to the individual, but there seems to be a broad dichotomy developing: one group wanting an old-school disciplinarian to get us competing now; versus another group which wants a more progressive, youth-based, 'coach' to develop the team.

Both groups want 'good football', but there is a difference as to what 'good football' actually is.

Of course, everyone has a different opinion as to the individual, but there seems to be a broad dichotomy developing: one group wanting an old-school disciplinarian to get us competing now; versus another group which wants a more progressive, youth-based, 'coach' to develop the team.

Both groups want 'good football', but there is a difference as to what 'good football' actually is.

Any money we spend needs to be spent for the long term, I really hope we go with your second option. However, I think we will just revert back to doing things exactly the same as the 00's, just with much less money. SPL players and veteran bosmans punted by agents from abroad. I hope I'm wrong. I have heard nothing of the new board to suggest things are going to change much.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Warburton/Weir speculation on Sun website

I get a feeling he's going to be in demand by a few clubs down south but who knows if he's been approached or not ?

Here's the article by Derek McGregor -

THERE are plenty down Brentford way who regard Warburton as the best thing since sliced bread.

And, yet, Bees owner Matthew Benham clearly believes that’s spreading it too far – telling him back in February he was beyond his use-by-date at the club and would be binned at the end of a season which is already remarkable but could become even more special.

Will the Rangers board – or Dave King to be more precise – feel differently about Griffin Park miracle worker Mark Warburton in the coming weeks when they once again review their manager position?

Warburton has stunningly guided the little club – situated in the London Borough of Hounslow – into the English Championship play-off semi-finals and within 270 minutes of the promised land of the Premier League.

If they can overcome Middlesbrough over two legs, starting tomorrow night, and then savour ultimate success in the Wembley final against either Norwich City or Ipswich Town on May 25, they will be looking at banking a breathtaking minimum of £120 MILLION from being part of the richest league in the world.

Warburton and his No2 and former Rangers captain Davie Weir could not be more motivated to deliver – and really stick it up club supremo Benham.

But, even if Boro knock them out the duo’s achievements at Brentford have guaranteed they won’t be short on job offers for next season – with Rangers, as revealed by SunSport’s Andy Devlin in March, very much keeping them under consideration.

Stuart McCall, of course, is currently giving everything he has to ensuring the Gers return to our Premiership – with a treacherous play-off quarter-final first leg against Queen of the South at Palmerston on Saturday evening.

McCall has enough people backing him for the job long term, with his present agreement only stretching until the play-offs are concluded.

At first, he made it clear he’d be happy to do his bit for the club he once won medals galore with as a gritty midfielder even if it was only for the short term.

Last week, though, McCall declared his desire to have his contract extended by King and co.

He’s a decent man with a shrewd eye for a player, has tactical nous, isn’t afraid to drop established names such as Kris Boyd and Lee McCulloch while he also publicly represents Rangers extremely well – exhibiting passion for the cause but also with a nice line in respect for others.

It’s hard not to like McCall and few in the media, myself included, would be anything other than delighted if he was given the nod to carry on for next season.

But then there’s Warburton and Weir.

Warburton, 52, has produced big time for the Bees in only 17-months in charge.

He is well connected throughout European football circles, has demonstrated an ability to make value-for-money signings and without doubt has strong motivational skills – the Bees squad love him.

News of Benham’s controversial decision to serve notice on Warburton strengthened the bond between the players and their manager. Impressive.

Weir, of course, would also be given a huge welcome back to Ibrox by the Gers followers.

It’s a double act that holds appeal because it would be imaginative and bold; precisely what many with the club at heart feel is needed for the future.

Others will be considered by the new Gers board before a final decision is made on McCall.

There is much to ponder.

Watch this space...

Warburton isn't long term

If we're going down that path I'd go for John Hughes or Derek McInnes who I don't think would come anyway.

if we're going long term .....a different story

D.O.F. and coach,

emphasis on youth development in both situations