Nicky Law a wanted man...

Who's going to replace the goals Law has scored then? Goal-scoring midfielders are much-sought after as they ease the burden on the strikers.IMO he should be kept(if he wants to stay) because of the goals he gets

Rangers biggest issue is who plays up front next season as all the forwards are out of contract and unlikely to get new contracts. Their contribution this season hasn't been great although Clarke has been better in the past few games

You have to set your standards higher Rab. Law wasn't good enough when we was a top flight club, he was half decent in a Motherwell team who are on par with Kilmarnock and Dundee Utd. I know we have a big jump up to be 2nd best next season (if promoted) but run of the mill SPL players don't cut it.

A few weeks ago I would have said good riddance but since McCall has come in Law has really stepped up. As has been mentioned we arent getting a lot of goals from up front and Law has been vital lately. Changed my tune here but I would definitely like to see

him stay

Realistically, if sensible money is offered for Law, he'll surely be sold. For us, getting money for an, at best, mid-ranking SPL midfielder who's been horribly inconsistent and is probably one of our higher earners is going to be grabbed. He doesn't seem irreplaceable. For him, the Championship is stronger and more competitive (and more lucrative) league and has the added bonus of offering a crack at the EPL: the only chance he'll have of getting near it is if he goes to Brighton and goes up with them. And if he does, it's not going to provoke much more than a shrug from most of the support (though as a part-time Brighton fan, I'm a bit depressed at how the team's shaping up and this doesn't fill me with hope).

Considering his popularity on here, it might be best to take the money and run...

However, there is the chance that he could be useful if surrounded by a handful of better players and given enough motivation.

What annoys me most about Law is that he is as good as he's shown in the last four or five games. Where was that player during the other 30odd games this season though? And I don't want to go on about the managers who gave him a starting slot in nigh each and every game no matter what.

Murdoch was slotting in at CM with relative ease, we do need a more attack minded player next to him, for despite his goals and workrate, as a creative force Law has failed this season. As soon as Shiels was back, we posed more threat up front. If we need an all-round back up for next season, we can very well keep Crawford and look at our own youngsters or fresh faces for midfield drive.

But is our top scorer. What does that tell you about our strikers?

That the squad's pretty fucking ordinary. Murdoch aside (and maybe Wallace if he's back on song), if we were offered any sort of money for pretty much any of them we'd be daft not to take it.