Club Statement On Play Off Tickets

Agree to take 50% before costs are taken off is robbery. I hope Motherwell Hibs and Rangers refuse to accept this. Let Queens go up if necessary. What I don't understand is what did these teams vote for at the acceptance meeting.

It's the 50% of turnover that really sticks in the throat. Set ticket prices at £1 -- They'd still get their money, but it'd be next to nothing.

The club will need to pull something out the hat on this, the support will back them whatever they decide. Even if the club closes all stands bar one and have a ballot on the tickets. Keeps the police costs down, minimal profit for all concerned.

The club will need to pull something out the hat on this, the support will back them whatever they decide. Even if the club closes all stands bar one and have a ballot on the tickets. Keeps the police costs down, minimal profit for all concerned.

Sounds like a good idea. Seems Rule C26 doesn't provide for how much should be charged. So... what is to prevent the Club from charging everyone a quid to get into the game ? I wouldn't mind too much if we had to pay the SPFL 25 grand (50% of turnover).

When this no-charge for tickets plan was first intimated by the club, I thought it was a great idea and that it showed that finally the club was going to assert itself and gain some much needed staus in the game again.

The last thing they can do now is back down without a whimper.

If this rule C26 is the fulcrum of both sides' argument then who would arbitrate this dispute; the SFA, UEFA, FIFA or CAS even ? I mean you need leaders to lead, but clubs have to be able to take care of their customers, the fans.

The other point is that perhaps the club knew exactly what they were doing here in an attempt to precipitate a review of the leadership of the SPFL. Surely with the list of incompetances - lack of sponsorship, fixture and TV date fiasco etc., and now this - this review is long overdue. Again, who has the power to fire this guy Doncaster?

When this no-charge for tickets plan was first intimated by the club, I thought it was a great idea and that it showed that finally the club was going to assert itself and gain some much needed staus in the game again.

The last thing they can do now is back down without a whimper.

If this rule C26 is the fulcrum of both sides' argument then who would arbitrate this dispute; the SFA, UEFA, FIFA or CAS even ? I mean you need leaders to lead, but clubs have to be able to take care of their customers, the fans.

The other point is that perhaps the club knew exactly what they were doing here in an attempt to precipitate a review of the leadership of the SPFL. Surely with the list of incompetances - lack of sponsorship, fixture and TV date fiasco etc., and now this - this review is long overdue. Again, who has the power to fire this guy Doncaster?

It remains to be seen, but I think we are long past the backing down stage,Lets face it,you have to take a stance sometime.

It's extremely interesting that all of these press & media commentators as well as the sports lawyer quoted in the STV article posted in this thread which was written by Raman Bhardwaj are all commenting on rule C26 and not commenting on rule I26 or I31 from the same SPFL rules & regulations.

Why are they avoiding addressing rules I26 & I31 when both of those rules are equally important to the subject matter?

Admission Prices, Admission to Grounds and Ticket Distribution

I26 - The Home Club, in its absolute discretion, shall determine admission charges for League Matches and Play-Off Matches.

I31 - Except as provided in Rule I32, a Club which is the Home Club for a League Match or a Play-Off Match is prohibited from charging higher admission prices to accommodation designated for supporters of the Visiting Club than for broadly comparable accommodation designated for use by supporters of the Home Club at the same match.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat1january2015_1420461886.pdf