Ashley HQ Raided re RFC takeover

Just been reading on another site it would seem that Ashely and Sevco had premises next to each other before the take-over.

Taken from FF: 2 company's that are registered to S44 5LU, 1 belongs to Mike Ashley, the other sevco5053

Coincidence? You decide!

There are thousands of sevcos it's just a new company start up package that you can buy then change the name off.

So what is your point? This clearly has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with our fixture list so why mention it?

You just argue for argument's sake, don't you? But I take it you have brains enough to figure it out by yourself.

A few people missing the point here.

This is big news in terms of the fraud that was conducted upon our club. The club was deliberately steered towards an insolvency event and recent arrests have shown the dubiety surrounding the purchase of the newco.

Yes, our match on Saturday may be of more importance now but the two need not be mutually exclusive.

Exactly.

I couldn't really care what is on the front page of the papers - surely getting to the truth about what transpired at our club is the absolute priority.

A spokesman for Sports Direct told the Daily Record: "The premises were visited by police conducting an investigation relating to Rangers and various persons previously employed by and or associated with Rangers.

"The investigation is not directed at Sports Direct, any of its directors or employees. The police were seeking documentation which might assist the investigation."

If SD weren't involved why on earth would the polis be searching their premises?

If SD weren't involved why on earth would the polis be searching their premises?

Exactly - "The investigation is not directed at Sports Direct, any of its directors or employees. The police were seeking documentation which might assist the investigation." Really?????

If that was the case that it was all amicable, why not send down a couple of CID to ask politely for sight of the files? Yet the account of one of the employees is:

“But when I tried to step outside the building at around 11am, I was told I couldn’t leave until a full search of the premises had been carried out.

“One detective said we could go into the canteen while the search was ongoing but people wanted to know what was happening so we stayed there."

Hardly sounds like an amicable arrangement.

you dont get a search warrent based on nothing.

would like to know if they left with boxes of paper work or not.

hope they find what they are looking for

And definitely not for major companies like SD.