Some may think another year in the 2nd tier of Scottish football can be a good thing, citing we can build a team for our eventual arrival.

Some say we 'have to go up now' to reach our goal quicker.

Personally, I want promotion this season.

We can safely say with the 2-1 win at Palmerson today we are on the right course and maybe even favourites for promotion.

Are we Ready for the Premiership next season, or will it be better to wait until after another season in the Championship?

What you think guy's?

I can't see any advantage of not getting promoted.

If we are looking at preparing for the season after next then we would be better playing premiership teams than championship next season.

We will also get more interest from the fans if we are playing premiership teams and the financial rewards will be higher.

Has to be promotion.

We need the promotion for so many different reasons. The Club needs it, the players need it, the fans need it and that's just the basics. It's absolutely essential on a whole host of levels.

Some may think another year in the 2nd tier of Scottish football can be a good thing, citing we can build a team for our eventual arrival.

Some say we 'have to go up now' to reach our goal quicker.

Personally, I want promotion this season.

We can safely say with the 2-1 win at Palmerson today we are on the right course and maybe even favourites for promotion.

Are we Ready for the Premiership next season, or will it be better to wait until after another season in the Championship?

What you think guy's?

Staying in the second division in Scotland, with our resources, is an absolutely ridiculous idea. Getting back up is essential for our economic recovery and the fans lost interest in watching lower league football long ago. We also badly need to overhaul our squad and should be attracting superior quality if we are in the SPL. We play in one of the worst league setups in Europe, a league where every team gets horsed in Europe against minnows, with even Celtic now looking shocking too. We should have nothing to fear. With a decent manager we should be able to effortlessly make second next season and stand up to Celtic too. We must remember that we are still Rangers, that might not mean very much just now, but the idea of Rangers cowering from playing in the god awful SPL is an idea that should not be entertained for one second.

The only possible advantage I can think of in not getting promoted is it would increase the chance of McCall not getting the job.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

I was all for staying in the championship for one more year to give any new manager a chance of settling in , given the shambles we were and the fact that we will lose up to 14 players , however though still not 100% convinced that McCall is the right man he is starting to change my opinion .

Much will depend on the finances available to get replacements in and fast .

Staying in the second division in Scotland, with our resources, is an absolutely ridiculous idea. Getting back up is essential for our economic recovery and the fans lost interest in watching lower league football long ago. We also badly need to overhaul our squad and should be attracting superior quality if we are in the SPL. We play in one of the worst league setups in Europe, a league where every team gets horsed in Europe against minnows, with even Celtic now looking shocking too. We should have nothing to fear. With a decent manager we should be able to effortlessly make second next season and stand up to Celtic too. We must remember that we are still Rangers, that might not mean very much just now, but the idea of Rangers cowering from playing in the god awful SPL is an idea that should not be entertained for one second.

The only possible advantage I can think of in not getting promoted is it would increase the chance of McCall not getting the job.

We get it.However ,your dislike of Mcall is getting tedious,enough already.!!

We need the promotion for so many different reasons. The Club needs it, the players need it, the fans need it and that's just the basics. It's absolutely essential on a whole host of levels.

I entirely agree with this succinct assessment.

On a playing level, we have Murdoch, Walsh, Hardie who should all be regular starters. We need a RB so Sinammon should get a chance to show what he can do in pre-season at least. I wouldn't have any difficulty with McGregor, Zaliukas and Wallace, making up the back four, although here again I would like to see Gasparotto get a chance.

Murdoch and Walsh apart, we are desperately short in MF and not sure if Crawford is the answer though he deserves a chance at this level and would hope we can retain Law, who is returning to something like his best form and has been an SPL standout in the past.

Again, I hope we can retain Vuckic on loan though I have my doubts, I have no doubt that he would score at least 20 goals as a No. 10 in a full SPL season. Striker is another problem, which Hardie may solve but it's a big task to put on such young shoulders.

I see no reason why we should not target a top 3 finish to get back into Europe, although that might be where the real problems begin.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

At this moment and time, I take whatever comes our way. IMHO, the main aim first and foremost was getting our club back. We have the right people in place now, people who care for and will look after the club. People who are not exactly poor either, so can and hopefully will make sure that we have enough money to operate successfully wherever we end up in June.

There will be wholesale changes on various levels come summer. The positives of achieving promotion far outweigh the positives of staying where we are. No doubt about that. I'm not that sure whether it is true for the negatives as well, for much depends on what happens in the summer. As it is all utterly hypothetical (and has been done umpteen times before), I'll retire from any further debate on this.