No matter Sunday's result

How often does it happen that when a ball is passed the receiver has to run back 10 yards to retrieve it. Then our opponents have had time to regroup. That is a basic skill to pass the ball in front of an advancing player. We don't seem to be able to get it right very often.

Pete , I've grown up watching teams from all over Europe playing all different styles , the inability of this team to do the basics , from taking a shy (something we are abysmal at ) , to passing a ball for a player to run on to is quite amazing , we have international players on the park for gods sake .

The other thing that really pisses me off , is we have no partnerships developing , from our 2central defenders to the right and left backs with their wide right and left midfielders , to our strikers , there is no teamwork or link up play , it's awful

Pete , I've grown up watching teams from all over Europe playing all different styles , the inability of this team to do the basics , from taking a shy (something we are abysmal at ) , to passing a ball for a player to run on to is quite amazing , we have international players on the park for gods sake .

The other thing that really pisses me off , is we have no partnerships developing , from our 2central defenders to the right and left backs with their wide right and left midfielders , to our strikers , there is no teamwork or link up play , it's awful

I agree with the Shy as well we waste so much time deciding what to do and then decide that cleaning the ball under the shirt is the best method. Oh wait another couple of dummy throws and then throw a hopeful ball down the line.

I agree a total shake up is needed and McCall is nowhere near what is required, I almost thought he looked weak tonight and was overawed by the occasion of playing his old side.

I don't agree with the 'fuck off McCall comments' that's just silly.

In these plays offs the record is P5 W2 D1 L2 F6 A6 - that record isn't near good enough.

Whilst I agree that McCall is not the long term answer he has shown a willingness to do the "right thing"; dropping Black and McCulloch to start with. Also who amongst us genuinely thought that he started the wrong X1 in the wrong formation? Most of the pre match comments were that the team more or less picked itself.

The plain facts are that the players just aren't good enough.

Tonight Motherwell were faster than us, they passed the ball much better than us, they took their chances better than us AND they had a goalkeeper who had an inspired night. They also had experience in abundance and a fast winger that Wallace couldn't get near. The second half was an embarrasment: we brought on Walsh who is talented but hasn't played for weeks at 0-3 and expected him to turn the game for us with a LMF player who has been out injured for heaven knows how long and a well past his sell by CF. There was a point when we more or less stopped playing because we didn't know what to do and Motherwell's MF 4 DID stop because they didn't have to move as we had no idea how to get through them never mind the back line well marshalled by McManus who can't have had an easier night in a long time.

It made for horrible viewing, but in all honesty that's where we are at present, Probably a game too far for this team both in terms of fitness and 'character'. Stuart McCall has done well with the hand he was given, now we should move on, whether by a miracle this team hauls itself over the winning line or not.

A revamp of the Board, we must do better than Murray and Gilligan, a new Manager with fresh ideas with no connection to Rangers past. It is time for the Board to act.

It made for horrible viewing, but in all honesty that's where we are at present, Probably a game too far for this team both in terms of fitness and 'character'. Stuart McCall has done well with the hand he was given, now we should move on, whether by a miracle this team hauls itself over the winning line or not.

A revamp of the Board, we must do better than Murray and Gilligan, a new Manager with fresh ideas with no connection to Rangers past. It is time for the Board to act.

Hopefully they have only been stop gaps though I fear they may be there as King's placemen whilst he sits in SA. Murray is a failed director of numerous companies inc Rangers and Gilligan may have the connections and is good at giving tickets out apparently but simply doesn't have the gravitas. We need more men of substance like Park.

If we don't go up, it will be a very difficult decision about how much to invest in the team. Personally I would go with a nucleaus of youngsters, Walsh, Hardie, Murdoch, Gasparotto, Crawford, McKay. Like it or not Wallace will be there and captain no doubt, plus McGregor. I think Law will be away and unfortunately Vuckic too. We will need at least one or two experienced MF, a RB (unless Sinammon can step up) and two strikers.