No matter Sunday's result

We need a complete new squad of better calibre players and a new manager with a sound tactical knowledge of the modern game and who, preferably, has numerous contacts in the game to recruit these better players.

Of course, I agree. However, I doubt that we can sign 24 new players better than we have during 1 summer. I think it'd be much more realistic to keep most of what we have and sign better calibre players to add to our squad. The 'coach' is absolutely key.

A lot of the defensive faults are basic simple decision making. I was always taught as a youngster not to let a player turn on me. Why the hell did Zaliukas amble out to the wing for the first goal giving the Motherwell player time to gather the ball, turn wait for back-up and then let the player into the penalty area where you can't tackle. He should have been hard in the guy's back not letting him turn and prodding the ball out for a throw in giving the defence time to regroup. At the second goal he gave Mcmanus about 3 yards to get a running jump on him instead of marking him closely. These are basic errors most schoolboys know about. standing and jumping or running and jumping makes a huge difference to the height you can jump and the power you get behind the ball. With these players every corner or free-kick is a frigg'n nightmare.

Of course, I agree. However, I doubt that we can sign 24 new players better than we have during 1 summer. I think it'd be much more realistic to keep most of what we have and sign better calibre players to add to our squad. The 'coach' is absolutely key.

The players are simply not good enough. We need to completely overhaul the squad, a root and branch clear out. Even our supposed best players like McGregor and Wallace in reality are very poor players. I would get rid of Wallace asap and keep McGregor as backup. Most of the rest we need to replace.

Hearts signed 16 players in the summer and had won the league before Christmas, what is stopping us?

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

If we're going to start naming names we couldn't begin to afford then why not say someone who is actually a decent manager like Guardiola or Mourinho?

Id have a punt at Sir Alex myself

No matter what happens on Sunday ...

I can clearly envisage a hurricane-like shitstorm should we not make it, and likewise some "least one could expect from a club with 10-times a budget" downgrading remarks should we actually pull it around.

I find it likewise rather bizarre that people demand changes with regards to Paul Murray and John Gilligan, despite knowing next to nothing about the work they have been doing or what they are actually capable of. Or what will actually happen once King is really taking over at the helm. We have, IIRC, already been told that we are looking at decent enough people for FD et al, and perhaps a good CEO too. For some, these will not be good enough by default though. Perhaps it would be time for people to take a step back and acknowledge the work being done and appreciating the fact that those in place do what they can and do what is best for Rangers FC. When was that the case before these last 5 years of so?

Edited by der Berliner

If they aren't good enough to trust when they come onto the pitch then we shouldn't have them, it really is that simple !!

I trust them to do a job. Broadfoot was an awful player, but he did a job; same with Ian Murray etc. (I can't recall others, but I'm sure there were a few that were poor individually but were decent enough squad players.) I'm not getting drawn into a 'black and white' judgement where they are either world-class or piss poor without any redeeming quality and wouldn't get a game for Tranent Juniors; no, they each have their abilities and can each do a job. Like I've said on numerous occasions: I think a better coach would be able to get a lot more out of this group.