No matter Sunday's result

If they aren't good enough to trust when they come onto the pitch then we shouldn't have them, it really is that simple !!

Spot on. Squad players are ten a penny.

Its first team players you can trust week in week out that we sorely lack.

I trust them to do a job. Broadfoot was an awful player, but he did a job; same with Ian Murray etc. (I can't recall others, but I'm sure there were a few that were poor individually but were decent enough squad players.) I'm not getting drawn into a 'black and white' judgement where they are either world-class or piss poor without any redeeming quality and wouldn't get a game for Tranent Juniors; no, they each have their abilities and can each do a job. Like I've said on numerous occasions: I think a better coach would be able to get a lot more out of this group.

Their job is to gain promotion. It looks like they will have failed. So they cant do a good enough job. Clear out needed.

Their job is to gain promotion. It looks like they will have failed. So they cant do a good enough job. Clear out needed.

By that logic any player that has got near our squad has 'failed' too. You've also extended the definition of 'job' from what I implied.

By that logic any player that has got near our squad has 'failed' too. You've also extended the definition of 'job' from what I implied.

If those who have "got near our squad" haven't managed to displace the dross that is in the starting XI and the bench then, yes, they have failed too.

I didn't extend any definition. MY definition of their job is to gain promotion - they look like failing to do so, hence the suggestion they have failed in their job and that we should clear them out.

Do we really want to continue with Shiels, Daly, Boyd, Law, Miller, Clark etc ? You are advocating a bunch of these players who have greatly contributed to the failure of this season. What gives you the confidence that they can do any better next year ?

My perspective is simple - if they aren't considered good enough to be starters, then you wouldn't want to trust them coming off the bench either. Even "squad" players should be players that you are happy with coming off the bench. Far too many of these players, even if just coming off the bench, would have our support groaning, and rightly so. That being the case, they aren't what we need.

I trust them to do a job. Broadfoot was an awful player, but he did a job; same with Ian Murray etc. (I can't recall others, but I'm sure there were a few that were poor individually but were decent enough squad players.) I'm not getting drawn into a 'black and white' judgement where they are either world-class or piss poor without any redeeming quality and wouldn't get a game for Tranent Juniors; no, they each have their abilities and can each do a job. Like I've said on numerous occasions: I think a better coach would be able to get a lot more out of this group.

Which players do you trust to do a job? Why do you trust them when they have constantly failed? Broadfoot did a job when called upon. He has played a lot of games in the English Championship since, I doubt many of our squad would manage that.

As I said earlier, Hearts signed 16 players in the summer and won the league effortlessly. There's nothing stopping us from making huge changes. In fact we would be incredibly stupid to keep these over paid duds. I see no benefit whatsoever to keeping them.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Which players do you trust to do a job? Why do you trust them when they have constantly failed? Broadfoot did a job when called upon. He has played a lot of games in the English Championship since, I doubt many of our squad would manage that.

As I said earlier, Hearts signed 16 players in the summer and won the league effortlessly. There's nothing stopping us from making huge changes. In fact we would be incredibly stupid to keep these over paid duds. I see no benefit whatsoever to keeping them.

I trust all of them to do a 'job', except maybe Jig who's too old. I'm not saying they'd excel, merely do a 'job'. Bare in mind that my definition of 'job' is not that broad. For example, Black has done a 'job' over the last few play-off games and done ok sitting deep and shielding the back 4/3.

I make it 9 transfers that had an impact (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C._season#Transfers). We can certainly do that easily enough. However, you must remember that they had a base of players that got relegated; they didn't 'gut' the team, but built on what they had. I think the difference has been the coach. Like I've said on numerous occasions: If we can get a proper coach, we'd see a completely different set of players.

Edited by Rousseau

After Sunday regardless of what happens it is the Manager's position which needs to be sorted out first of all.

The board simply cannot get this appointment wrong. FWIW I'm not in favour of Stuart McCall being retained. I do not believe he is what we should be looking for.

Dont forget too that pre-season training for next season can only be about four weeks away. I'd expect that a new manager will be in place by then.