Summer 2015 - Transfers and Rumours Thread

I think MW has already come out and stated that Vuckic is not an option being considered.

When was that? Just asking.

I doubt, BTW, that Darren McGregor will go anywhere, for he's our second best right-back and very good "cover" for the centre-half slot. I'm still under the impression that Warburton wants to see his new signings play a bit and get a certain run of games, before using the more settled folk.

When was that? Just asking.

I doubt, BTW, that Darren McGregor will go anywhere, for he's our second best right-back and very good "cover" for the centre-half slot. I'm still under the impression that Warburton wants to see his new signings play a bit and get a certain run of games, before using the more settled folk.

In the Daily Mail

Vuckic spent a successful spell at Ibrox last season, but Mark Warburton has told the Daily Mail that he would not be an option for another signing this summer.

He said: “No. That [signing Vuckic] wouldn’t be an option for us. We’ll hopefully add one more this week and then we’ll be almost there.”

Rangers set to agree loan deal for Arsenal youngster Gedion Zelalem

By RAMAN BHARDWAJ

18 August 2015 14:25 BST

363938-gedion-zelalem.jpg

Rangers are set to agree a loan deal with Arsenal for midfielder Gedion Zelalem.

STV has learned that the player is expected to hold talks with the club over the next 24 hours.

Rangers manager Mark Warburton announced the signing of two players on loan from Tottenham last week and hinted that a further signing would be announced shortly. The 18-year-old Arsenal midfielder is now poised to be the latest addition to the squad at Ibrox.

Zelalem is highly-rated by Arsenal and was handed his first team debut by Arsene Wenger during the 2013-14 season. However with players of the stature of Santi Cazorla, Alexis Sanchez, Aaaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere and Mesut Ozil blocking the way to regular football, the midfielder needs game time to develop.

He has been included in the first-team squad on a number of occasions and took part in the club's pre-season tour this summer.

“I’m going to go back for pre-season and try to get into the first team and play some games,” he said earlier this summer.

“If I can do that, great. If not, I’ll look to get out on loan somewhere. It’s a dream come true to be at a club like Arsenal and I want to get into the first team this season, play minutes and start matches.”

Zelalem has also been at the centre of an international tug of war. Born in Berlin to Ethiopian parents, his parents hold US residency and he was recently granted permission by FIFA to play for the American national team. He had previously represented Germany at youth level.

The midfielder represented USA at the Under-20 World Cup this summer as they progressed to the quarter-finals of the competition before being knocked out by eventual winners Serbia.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/1326864-rangers-set-to-agree-loan-deal-for-arsenal-youngster-gedion-zelalem/