New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

I will back whoever gets the job as none of the candidates really excite me. I don't want Ally back though as we would have geraniums in the centre circle.:D

I was certainly never singing McCall's praises. He does not impress me one bit. He's the same old, same old.

Are you telling me you weren't 'geed up' during his time? Nonsense!

You're the one dreaming if you think McCall is the one to take us forward. His short tenure showed absolutely no sign at all that he has the necessary ability required his record was as equally bad as the 2 who preceded him.

With respect fs, in fear of repeating myself, McCall worked wonders with players who's contracts were coming to an end, their pal Ally jumped ship long before that and the mood of those players were at 'doomsday' level.

The fact he got them reaching the play-off final was miraculous if nothing else, sometimes we can all have short memories when it suits.

You're the one dreaming if you think McCall is the one to take us forward. His short tenure showed absolutely no sign at all that he has the necessary ability required his record was as equally bad as the 2 who preceded him.

I am not a Mcall fan but your post is a bit unfair. He had the same crap players but did manage to lift them a level. The negative for me was his crazy full defensive substitutes. I didn't want him coming in and that hasn't changed.

No I wasn't.

The football was dire, the selections were terrible and the substitutions dumbfounding at times.

Of course it was, everything you say is spot on, was that the fault of a man with a terrible choice?

Next week will be a defining moment for the new board with this managerial appointment. It must be an appointment which will drastically improve things on the park mostly by virtue of the signings he makes. For that reason alone the board simply cannot get this appointment wrong

Aye, ok mate dream on.

I'm a consumer and I want Stu to be given a decent chance to take us forward, if you don't want it then that's your problem as a consumer.

Read post #400 on this thread. You want Stu eh? :whistle:

I am not a Mcall fan but your post is a bit unfair. He had the same crap players but did manage to lift them a level. The negative for me was his crazy full defensive substitutes. I didn't want him coming in and that hasn't changed.

And speaking to a Motherwell supporter at work this seemed to be something McCall often tried to do i.e. Defending a lead with defensive substitutions