EGM results published

I would love harry

Before the McCall appointment I mentioned it would have been a masterstroke to get Harry in to rally the troops. Harry needs an open chequebook to make successes sometimes but he also is good at the motivation and good football approach.

Before the McCall appointment I mentioned it would have been a masterstroke to get Harry in to rally the troops. Harry needs an open chequebook to make successes sometimes but he also is good at the motivation and good football approach.

Some of the suggestions on here are mental!

were the results not due out today?

Gilligan reckons Rangers are back to normal with Warburton and Weir in place

JOHN GILLIGAN reckons normality has returned to Rangers following the appointment of Mark Warburton and David Weir.

The Light Blues director joined Paul Murray at Ibrox yesterday as the former Brentford pair were unveiled after putting pen to paper on three-year deals with the club.

It marks another milestone moment for the new board as they attempt to rebuild Rangers after years of turmoil on and off the park that culminated in a miserable Championship campaign last time out.

Warburton and Weir will attempt to clinch the second tier title at the first time of asking this term as they look to build a bright future at Ibrox.

And Gilligan is confident Rangers are on the right track with their new men at the helm.

He said: "It's not fair to say it's non-negotiable, because everything is private. This is a moment in history for the club, when we go back to normality.

"We've got a manager and a coach on a three-year contract. We walked around the stadium when we won the general meeting, that was a bit special.

"But today is the day when the club goes back to normal. I'm looking forward to that, looking forward to seeing the kind of football we want to see.

"I'm sure everyone will enjoy concentrating on football. We want to be anonymous. I hope everyone forgets who the directors are."

Before fans will truly be able to focus solely on matters on the field, the board still have issues with Mike Ashley and Sports Direct to be resolved.

Ashley snubbed Friday's General Meeting at Ibrox despite calling for the shareholder vote on a proposal to repay the £5million loan he agreed with the former Rangers regime.

The outcome of the poll on Ashley's resolution, and one put forward by the board relating to the merchandise contracts in place with Sports Direct, were initially going to be released on Monday.

But fans are now likely to find out today if shareholders have backed Ashley's cash call and whether the board have a mandate for further discussions with the billionaire businessman.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/gilligan-reckons-rangers-are-back-to-normal-with-warburton-and-weir-in-210414n.129059076

The results are both a formality and immaterial to everything that is going onbetween King and Ashley.

Warburton and Weir being appointed should not end the scrutiny of those within the boardroom. They now need to provide the required funds to bring about the long list of improvements needed to once again make Rangers a professional football club.

The results are both a formality and immaterial to everything that is going onbetween King and Ashley.

Warburton and Weir being appointed should not end the scrutiny of those within the boardroom. They now need to provide the required funds to bring about the long list of improvements needed to once again make Rangers a professional football club.

Why would the manager appointment suddenly end scrutiny of the boardroom?

It's just one positive appointment in a list of positive moves the club needs to make. However, if we want all the improvements we ask then we'll have to (once again and as always) play our part. I think King has been pretty clear on that.

Why would the manager appointment suddenly end scrutiny of the boardroom?

It's just one positive appointment in a list of positive moves the club needs to make. However, if we want all the improvements we ask then we'll have to (once again and as always) play our part. I think King has been pretty clear on that.

It shouldn't, it was merely directed at Gillian saying that everything was back to normal and that he hoped that everyone would forget who the directors are. That is not going to happen for decades, if ever. The trauma of the last few years will ensure that.

I am more than happy to play my part once again as King has been very clear about. What he hasn't been so clear about is what part he and any other investors he can acquire will have. Everything has been kept deliberately vague. The amount of millions required for the job has fluctuated wildly and now it is "open-ended". The timescales are non-existent and despite saying that they wanted to hit the ground running in order to keep the momentum of the EGM victory, the first four months have seen very little happen outside of the Ashley fued. Quite frankly, pinning him down to a straight answer seems more difficult than nailing a jelly to the wall.