Killie v's Rangers

Was a wee bit ill yesterday so didn't see the game at the usual time - taped it and watched later on.

Shame that as usual we're talking about appalling refereeing. Since the Setanta coverage is 'interesting' I thought I'd give a bluenose view.

1. Our first penalty was very soft but Ford did touch the man before the ball. No penalty though IMO.

2. Ferguson offside? I can only assume the linesman though Ehiogh scored the goal as Ferguson was not even close. Goal should have stood.

3. Killie penalty. Well I thought it was the kind of challenge you see in every game. Indeed, Naismith did exactly the same 30 seconds before on Hutton to no foul by the ref. Hutton was a bit daft but if that was a foul we'll start seeing a lot around byelines now. I'll say 50/50 on that decision.

4. Rangers 2nd penalty. Wasn't a shoulder charge as that kind of challenge is shoulder-to-shoulder only. That challenge wasn't. It was Fowler's shoulder to Novo's back and Novo has already knocked the ball past the player.

5. Killie goal. I thought it was a foul as Naismith's arm was up high and caused McGregor to not connect properly with the punch. No goal IMO.

6. The stop play question. Well, I couldn't understand the 'neutrals' in the commentary. Killie themselves played on (they did the same in the first half) so they couldn't complain when he also played on. Referee should have stopped play at half-way though.

All in all, I though we deserved to win but the game would probably have been a lot closer if the officials did their job. It's the same every week and although some decisions can be explained, so many mistakes in one match should mean questions are asked by supposed high level officials.

Burke MOTM?!?!?! He was rotten. Got the ball, trampled on it a few times, gave it away, shat out going by players and generally did fuck all today. I'd give MOTM to Weir. Great signing!

Sorry mate, cant agree with that, i thought he looked dangerous, not his best game by a long way but at one point he ran past about 4 Killie players on a charge into the box, its this kind of directness that he can give us. I also thought he worked well with Hutton on the right and it was Burkes movement that created the space for Hutton to cross for the second goal.

Sorry mate, cant agree with that, i thought he looked dangerous.

I thought he looked dangerous too, but unfortunately there wasn't much in the way of end product yet again. He looked well up for it though, if only he could start putting some good crosses in to the box.

I can see what you are saying, and yes he does have to improve but i sometimes wonder why he gets so much stick when Adam on the other side is a lot worse and seems to escape criticism from a lot of Bears.

Burkes has shown in the past that he is capable of being a key player for us, it has been a long time since he has had a run of games and i reckon his final ball will come with match practice, thats why he would start ahead of Sionko for me.

Ref admits to error at Rugby Park

Kilmarnock players remonstrate with Dougie McDonald

Kilmarnock players were unhappy with Dougie McDonald

Referee Dougie McDonald has admitted he made an error by awarding the penalty from which Kris Boyd gave Rangers an early lead away to Kilmarnock.

McDonald gave the spot-kick after Boyd went to ground under pressure from Simon Ford in Rangers' 3-1 victory.

But he told the Scottish FA website: "Having seen the TV footage, it is clear that Ford played the ball before bumping into Boyd.

"No infringement actually took place. The decision was incorrect."

Interview: Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies

Boyd went on to complete a hat-trick in a game after which Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies criticised the referee's performance.

"At the time, I had a clear view from a good position, as both players came together," said McDonald.

I just found out today that he's the referee for the League Cup final, so I hope he has a better day then than he did today

Kilmarnock manager Jim Jefferies

"My immediate impression was that Ford had barged Boyd, allowing him to play the ball."

However, McDonald admitted that he had got it wrong.

"I am disappointed in myself in that my own high standards have been compromised," he said.

McDonald also appeared to wrongly chop off a Rangers goal for offside.

And Jefferies had sharp words for the 41-year-old after the match.

Speaking at the post-match press conference, Jefferies pointed out that McDonald will be the referee at their CIS Insurance Cup final against Hibernian next month.

"I just found out today that he's the referee for the League Cup final, so I hope he has a better day then than he did today," said the Killie boss.

"I don't want to say too much as I will get into trouble.

"But these are hard enough games and the last thing you need is to give Rangers a gift and a lift so early in the game.

"But, unfortunately, Mr McDonald did that."

:P :p Stop whimping Jefferies!!!:D

2 big errors imo.

Yet he apologises for the cock-up that affected them. Ok it was the linesman that fucked us but still.

Ref's never apologise, certainly none of the one's who were screwing us on a weekly basis with penalty calls at the start of the season, so why this 1 decision?

I can see what you are saying, and yes he does have to improve but i sometimes wonder why he gets so much stick when Adam on the other side is a lot worse and seems to escape criticism from a lot of Bears.

Adam was shocking. That's about all you can say to his performance yesterday.