Warburton our messiah

The roar on the 88th minute that sounded rouns ibrox on sunday, well it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, and i was watching on my lap top! I cheered loudly, punched the air and giggled like a school kid. So much so the wife came charging downstairs to see what the hell i was doing!

After the game i pondered for a moment over all the crap as a supporter we have put up with and the empty void that had entered my life. And in those dubious times i have to admit that i did not see a way back for us through those troubled times.

But when that roar came up it didnt just signal the turning point for our fortunes, it was was the moment that all the pain torment and suffering was drained from my body in an instant.

As i wait on our next game i feel like a kid waiting for xmas. The anticipation is ripping righr out of me! The butterflies that you got when your dad took you to your first game. Ive got them now as i write this post. Its a feeling i never thought id feel again.

I prayed for a miracle in those bad times and lets face it we needed one, though my miracle was a bankroll of 50 million. We got something better than that.

We got Mark Warburton. Our very own messiah to lead us to the promised land.

In warburton we trust. And i cant wait to go where hes taking us!

Edited by pete

I watch quite a bit of the Championship and League 1 down south (helps with the weekend coupons) and saw Brentford come from the bottom of League 1 to 5th in the Championship. Unlike the likes of Leicester, Norwich and others who have resources to get back up the leagues when they go down Brentford are a small team in the shadows of the London giants and have always been in the lower tiers.

There is some good managers down there like Warburton and Howe but Premier League clubs are too scared to take a risk. The jobs those 2 have done (and Alex Neil and Norwich) were fantastic and Im surprised a bigger club didn't take a punt on either especially if they had done proper Due Diligence. But their loss is our gain and I would certainly say we have pulled a big coup in getting Warburton for 3 or more years. He will be the making of Rangers and I think Rangers can be the making of him. I can certainly see him being the man to lead us back to the top flight title and CL.

Disapointed no one managed to slip in a monty python reference.

For me, the small things are pleasing. Warbs wearing a suit. I'm sure he would anyway - he seems that kind of guy, but I have to say it's nice to see the manager looking class again. Ally - as much as I've always liked him - just seemed to get scruffier & scruffier. The new training regime, Warbs actually attending reserve games, his work ethic. I just feel like we're finding our way back to being Rangers again. We've been missing these basic standards we all took pride in. With time & continued effort, Warbs could well prove to be our saviour or whatever label you want to assign. For now, I'm happy we're playing a more attacking & passing style