Warburton our messiah

I couldn't believe we got him.

I get the feeling Davie Weir may have helped with that as well. Not that I think Warburton makes career choices on Davie's advice, but the thought of getting us in to Champs League position must have been seriously tempting too. Something he couldn't achieve where he was.

He sure is a breeze (if not to say hurricane) of fresh air ... and on so many levels. He sure made a good start and all things look good. And I'd be the last one to put a dampener on spirits, just pointing out that I am willing to give him at least three months or even till the turn of the year to settle himself and his squad into Rangers FC - no matter what and come what may.

3 months ? Is that it ? With the dross he inherited and the horrid style of football they were playing he has already worked miracles. He should be given at least 18 months and three transfer windows in my humble opinion. He brought in a few new players, most of whom look like astute acquisitions..... But only another window or two will he have what he can call his own squad.

He may not be the messiah (though he could be, time will tell) but the one thing Warburton has done very, very quickly is bring back the belief in our support that going to watch Rangers will, once again, have true entertainment value. Having watched the game on Sunday (sadly I missed the last 20 minutes, our best spell by all accounts...) I was impressed with the tempo, pace and movement of players, and the range of passing into the final 3rd was a joy at times. The final 3rd we were a touch over-elaborate but I don't mind that too much as at least we were attacking with the ball on the ground and trying to use finesse rather than the previous regimes preferred method of brute force.

My own personal account of where we are now compared to even just this time last year is thus : Last year at this time I was in Vegas, I had absolutely no interest in finding a bar or digging out a laptop to watch our game, watching us had become a loss of 90 minutes of your life for no added value (I always lived in hope McCoist could turn it around - sadly, how wrong I was that my hero couldn't do it - but that is old news now). Compare and contrast to my Vegas trip this year.... the wife and I leave on Friday for Vegas for 10 days and not only am I checking what dates we play but I am ensuring she takes her laptop and putting in my calendar when we play so that I don't miss the game. I am re-invigorated watching us, excited about seeing our next performance and looking forward to a season of mostly ups, but undoubtedly with a few downs as well.

We aren't the finished article by a long shot and we will drop points, we wont go undefeated either. But what we WILL see is a Rangers playing with excitement and flair, something that we all want to watch as fans.

The games cant come fast enough for me, I am that excited about watching us again. What a difference a couple of months makes. It really is like night and day.

And for that..... I thank you Mr Warburton. Regardless of your successes and failures (and I am sure we will see far more of the former than the latter) I thank you for giving me the excitement and love back for my Club that I had begun to doubt in myself would ever come back.

Thank you Mark Warburton, thank you !

Edited by craig

Steady on troops. After two cup ties against inferior opposition it is not quite time to annoint a saviour now is it?

Yes the football style is more easy on the eye when we are allowed space to do what we want. We have brought in players who look (mostly) athletic, hungry to improve, and with basic skills all in the right places. However we are all comparing this "revolution" with the previous regime who, from top to bottom, couldn't spell football club.

I think we are right to give him our support, space and time to try to create a proper football club our founding fathers can again be proud of, but until that Championship trophy and Petrofac cup are in the trophy room, together with some more good additions this month, in January and again next summer, and a couple of good cup runs where we do not lose to anyone we shouldnt, we must try to keep things a wee bit in perspective.

Steady on troops. After two cup ties against inferior opposition it is not quite time to annoint a saviour now is it?

Yes the football style is more easy on the eye when we are allowed space to do what we want. We have brought in players who look (mostly) athletic, hungry to improve, and with basic skills all in the right places. However we are all comparing this "revolution" with the previous regime who, from top to bottom, couldn't spell football club.

I think we are right to give him our support, space and time to try to create a proper football club our founding fathers can again be proud of, but until that Championship trophy and Petrofac cup are in the trophy room, together with some more good additions this month, in January and again next summer, and a couple of good cup runs where we do not lose to anyone we shouldnt, we must try to keep things a wee bit in perspective.

Absolutely TB. But we all know the reason that the excitement is there is because the turnaround in playing philosophy is a quantum shift from what we had previously. We cant help people getting all excited about how Warburton seems to want his team to play. It is natural when you have had to suffer turgid performances for so long that when someone comes in and actually expects the team to play football from back to front that people will fawn over the new incumbent.

Time will tell on whether he is successful or not - but it certainly looks like we will see the team playing in a style which hasn't really been seen since the Advocaat years.

3 months ? Is that it ? With the dross he inherited and the horrid style of football they were playing he has already worked miracles. He should be given at least 18 months and three transfer windows in my humble opinion. He brought in a few new players, most of whom look like astute acquisitions..... But only another window or two will he have what he can call his own squad.

Three months to see how his vision sets in and how he adapts to Scottish football et al. Before that, I'll refrain from heaping over-the-top praise or indeed scorn at him. I would assume that it would be far more difficult for him to turn an English Championship side around, given the better quality and larger number of teams down there. Up here, he will have played in various cups and probably all opponents of the league once, so one gets a measure how his team and his tactics will adapt. So far, it looks promising.

In going with the wizard theme that seems to have taken hold i thought this song would be easy to turn into a Warburton wizard song.

I thought something like.

we're so hot we can't cool down

we play the ball around and round

round and round and round it goes. on the park his magic shows.

every time we call his name, he's got us playing like a burning flame.

A burning flame full of desire

Warburten's taking us higher and higher

Abra-abra-cadabra 55 we're out to get ya

Abra-abra-cadabra Abracadabra

The club he got refused to die, we couldn't laugh, we could only cry.

The clubs returning on the way above, Through Mark Warburten and the supporters love.

We feel the magic when you talk to the press

We feel the magic in the way you dress

a shirt a blazer and a tie

Just like our hero's in years gone bye.

I see the magic in what you do

A Rangers manager through and through

All you do just drips with class

No high balls just pass and pass

every time we call his name, he's got us playing like a burning flame.

A burning flame full of desire

Warburten's taking us higher and higher