Romanov loses the plot again.

VLADIMIR ROMANOV claims Celtic and Rangers are 'buying off' referees and players in Scotland.

Hearts majority shareholder is currently involved in a legal dispute with the Scottish FA after appealing against a fine imposed for accusing match officials of bias last season.

And Romanov, who also has an interest in Lithuanian side FC Kaunas, is likely to face another rap for his latest outburst.

Speaking in the Russian magazine Futbol, he said: "Celtic and Rangers? Even Kaunas are a match for them on the pitch.

"They have turned football into a type of showbusiness with their underhand games.

"They buy off players and referees. When it comes to weaker teams then nobody can help.

"But if two opponents are equally matched then the referees can have a real influence on the outcome."

Celtic chairman Brian Quinn has dismissed the allegations and threatened to sue Romanov.

He said: "I think it is absurd. Absolutely ridiculous.

"If he is saying this I will take legal advice. The Scottish FA will clearly take a clear view of this."

Says its been mis-quoted but has another wee swipe at Celtic

Hearts' Vladimir Romanov has insisted that he was misquoted by a newspaper that suggested he accused the Old Firm of "buying off" players and referees.

Celtic and Rangers are consulting their lawyers about the comments printed in the Russian magazine Futbol.

But Hearts' majority shareholder told his club website: "I don't expect anything except lies and distortion of my quotes.

"Thank God I haven't come across any corruption in Scotland."

But Romanov appeared to have another swipe at Celtic, who have recently signed Steven Pressley and Paul Hartley after the Scotland internationals left his club.

"To my mind, there are no values in this life that are worth betrayal, even if we're talking about hooped shirts," he said.

"If kids are being pushed towards betrayal, I call it seduction, but seduction of their souls." If the comments are confirmed, it is a matter we would refer to the club's lawyers and the SFA

Romanov had been quoted by the Russian newsapaper as accusing some Hearts players of undermining former stand-in coach Eduard Malofeev by working for rival clubs from within Tynecastle.

Pressley, Hartley and goalkeeper Craig Gordon, who reportedly met Romanov for showdown talks on Thursday after being dropped from the Hearts side, had in October revealed "significant dressing-room unrest" at Tynecastle.

"What we call underhandedness, they call the norm," Romanov was quoted as saying about the British by the Russian magazine.

"For them, it's just normal to betray your home club, hold talks behind each others' backs."

Romanov has an interest in Lithuanian club Kaunas, but he was also quoted as saying that Scottish football is more corrupt than in his adopted homeland.

"And the referees," added Romanov. "If a team is weaker, then no-one can help them, but if they're equally matched then the referee can have a real influence on the outcome.

"Dodgy's not the word for it.

"I myself went there in the hope of avoiding all the sleaze we're so used to over here.

"I thought it was all clean, by the book, all gentlemen. It turns out it's much worse."

Of the Old Firm, he reportedly said: "They've just turned football into showbusiness with their underhand games, paying off players.

"What we call underhandedness, they call the norm."

Romanov is currently involved in a legal dispute with the Scottish FA after he appealed a fine for accusing Scottish referees of bias last season.

And it is likely that the Scottish FA will also be looking into the latest comments.

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain told BBC Scotland: "If the comments are confirmed, it is a matter we would refer to the club's lawyers and the SFA."

Celtic chairman Brian Quinn told BBC Radio Four: "I think it is absurd. Absolutely ridiculous. If he is saying this, I will take legal advice."

And he added on the Today programme: "The Scottish Football Association will clearly take a clear view of this."

The man is away with it but is entertainment in a way. But he is ruining Hearts. They will never get out of 28 million debt, they are no where near big enough.

When he came they were a match for us and Celtic and could have won the league but he has ruined them on the pitch also.

His translator or whatever said that it was because Romanov wasn't from here and had got the wrong end of the stick. Do you not think that this spokesman would've spoke to Romanov before speaking to the media? Then Romanov comes out and contradicts him by saying he's been mis-quoted.

Looks to me like he told one lie to cover it up, then thought "oh, actually i've got a better lie" and contradicted the previous statement, losig any credibility in the most recent response. Idiot.