Court of Session rules in favour of HMRC + Rangers Issue Statement

But they haven't won the case, they haven't proven anything. As far as I can tell, they've won the right to appeal the original ruling. What I want to know is, does the ruling get thrown out if the appeal wins, or is a whole new trial required?

The way I see it is that the appeal has been allowed, therefore HMRC have indeed won.

They have won the right to appeal, nothing more.

Can Murray appeal against this judgement ?

not the way I see it. Appeal has been allowed in favour of HMRC. they don't need to appeal again.

MIH will now have to appeal (if he wishes to do so) to Supreme court which is the next step in the chain.

I think Little General is correct.

Appeal allowed means the Court has decided in favour of the Appellant (party bringing the appeal). However, I do believe MIH will appeal so I'd imagine the case will continue.

not the way I see it. Appeal has been allowed in favour of HMRC. they don't need to appeal again.

MIH will now have to appeal (if he wishes to do so) to Supreme court which is the next step in the chain.

The fly in the ointment being that MIH is being liquidated and I think it's fair to say Lloyds the main creditor won't fund any appeal which effectively means it would be up to OldCo (for all intents and purposes BDO) to fund any further action.

I think Little General is correct.

Appeal allowed means the Court has decided in favour of the Appellant (party bringing the appeal). However, I do believe MIH will appeal so I'd imagine the case will continue.

I hope you are indeed correct and that I am wrong in that respect.